T.V bloke joins the Frnch F Legion

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by spike7451, Jun 28, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Just seen it advertised .Channel 4 monday @9pm is a 4 part documentary about some bloke who joins the legion.Should be good for a giggle!
  2. I thought you meant TV as Transvestite, now that would of been interesting.

3. Already quite a few of them in the Legion....

Dodgy bunch.
  4. "Already quite a few of them in the Legion
    Dodgy bunch. "

Same same Jolly Jack and Booty.
    john old pongo
  5. Its another 'reality' program I'm afraid, its a group of everyday-men picked to be trained to near-Foreign Legion standards by three former 'legionnaires'. One twit dropped out within 24 hours, ha! I think at least five of them made it to the end - I believe it was for 28 days.
  6. I grit my teeth and clench my jaw each time some 'new' program is launched with the words "celebrity", "...from hell", "the worlds best/worst..." and any so-called reality TV show.

Hanging's the only answer. Slightly right wing...but I think you'll find it's pretty fair, all things considered.
  7. Absolute trash all we need now is a reality show dedicated to up holding French military values.

Cheers 2CB
  8. 307

307 War Hero

It's channel 4 s attempt at 'SAS are you tough enough? (and even if you are for this programme think again about joing the SAS cause the programme was a spa day comapred to selection)' but slightly watered down and with French soldiers (words just don't fit together easily!) so a cheap copy then, at least Eddie Stone was funny, I've had more crack out of a stone than anyone French.
  9. i wonder at what point they will be anally buggered by the Legionaire Instructors, a la french stylee,
    for dropping a rifle, failing to salute quickly enough, or even not raising both arms in the air properly :D
  10. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

What military values? Surely they are just going to spend 28 days learning how to run away or surrender, then blame it all on someone else (preferably the English).
  11. :lol: So very true, you know your countries military is a laughing stock when there are websites dedicated just to making fun of it. Check this out the French Army's offical magazine.

Cheers 2CB
  12. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Did'nt realise it was ANOTHER reality tv series!!!groan!!!
  13. 307

307 War Hero

That's only basic, when they move onto the legions advanced skills they will be learning 'stabbing those who save you in the back' mod. 3, 'arming your mates enemies with exocet' and advanced cheese eating. The surrender skills are required by all French military personnel no matter what trade, bit like ITDs, except they have scenarios like a weaker enemy force has been spotted approaching your position, what IA do you take? A) Prepare a well palced ambush to decimate the enemy B) Stay low and hope they pass you by or C) Have the men get everything white they can find and attach it all the largest poles you can find in preperation for the enemy scouts.
  14. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I really must take issue with you. You are describing the regular French Army - the point of the Legion is that, on the whole, it isn't manned by frogs, and therefore doesn't have the normal French Military ethic.

They have been known to stand a fight - or even attack.
  15. something Erwin accused us of doing, using foreign soldiers (Gurkhas)to fight our wars, the only difference is that the Fench actually prfers to use the Legion istead of regular Army so they don't have to surrender thereby preserving French pride. :lol: