Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by gado, Apr 5, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I might be a cantancerous old bag, but why do you only have t-shirts in the shop these days, & why the fcuk are they £15? I can get a unit one for £6, fully embroidered!!
  2. But can you send an old man to Arnhem with the profits?

Talk to the duffnut. xxx

Gosh - I just got all canterkous then. I have bought 5 t-shirts in the last few weeks. I am sure I am older than you. (puppy x)

I would also ask anyone who is a new user to buy one. They are fcuking quality. Put your money where your mouths are. You signals chaps need to be wearing one.

Slug, Love to gado - even though she snores xx
  3. Oi cheeky mare, I have it on good authority you are louder :wink:

The t-shirts are more than over priced!! why o why do you lot feel you can con us hard working Junior Ranks?? £15 is just far too much!! sort it out!!
  4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Well I'll start by saying that we haven't broken even yet and some... I'll explain. I wanted a genuinely good design, not the standard embroidered logo platoon shirt. It is of course open to debate if I managed that. It cost:

Me installing an online shop to replace the existing one of the shirt designer's business. This was a VERY flash version of our shop. We got the first design in payment - I'm not counting my week of full time to acheive this when I say we haven't broken even.

I paid (cash this time) a much lower rate for the three 'NAAFI regular' etc designs.

I wanted the shirts screen printed - again good quality - so every color on a shirt costs us €30 just for the set up of the screens - so thats 40 quid straight of for 'Fox-e-lady' without the shirts, the printing or any other overheads - and we may only sell 20. We then buy a stack up front not knowing if they'll sell, particularly in the extreme sizes.

I then installed the shop software and got all the info for the shirts that I could, did pictures etc. I don't know what the work involved was, but if you were to truly price it at a decent daily rate, you'd be well over 500.

When I say that we haven't broken even, I'm only counting printing set-up, printing and shirts - none of the other set-up / design costs etc that I've mentioned. If we sell a decent number of the new designs we will make a decent margin, but the point of my post is that believe me, we'll have earnt it.

I hope this doesn't sound like a sob story - it's not supposed to, but I want to point out why we've priced as we have and that I have not taken a crap home done / semi-professional design to the nearest printers and said 'make t-shirts quick, I want to flog them and run'. I've genuinely produced the best we could in the most professional way possible, and the price is a more than fair result.
  5. Are they white/blue with red lettering?
  6. The ones that I have ordered so far have been fab. Everyone keeps asking me to get one for them, but I am making them sign up to arrse first.

RC - I am sure GCO will sort you some signals ones out if you ask nicely.
  7. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

ARRSERs will be pleased to hear that my 'Seen your ARRSE?' t-shirt was mentioned as having 'possibly an offensive slogan' (within the petty rules here), which I think makes it worth double the money! :lol:
  8. when are you getting some more "seen your arrse" t-shirts (sand) in xlarge/xxlarge ?
  9. Slim down you fat git :lol:
  10. 11 stone - fat - ok :D
  11. Salad virgin at a guess 8)
    Whats it like to be biggish????? :roll:
  12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

More Olive and Sand "Seen Your ARRSE" due in the week after next. I'll post a note once the stock is listed in the shop for sale.
  13. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

OK, maybe a bit longer than planned, but the Olive and Sand "Seen Your ARRSE" Shirts will arrive in BCO's this week. Expected arrival on door mat in your gaf: next Monday.

Will be added to the stock so you can buy them today.
  14. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

The promised olive and sand 'Seen Your ARRSE' t-shirts have now arrived. Order now & beat the rush before these sell out too.... obviously just the thing to be seen out in on an ARRSE session in Salisbury (well maybe not olive & sand but we've still got the other colours too).