T&S for Army v Navy Rugby Match

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by dont_tell_him_Pike, Apr 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As any LGBTs are allowed to claim T&S for PRIDE once again this year, does anyone know if I can claim it for my journey to Twickenham for this years Army v Navy rugby match? I don't see any difference in the situation.
  2. Just put your actuals on JPA. Seemples!
  3. Then post your details to the nearest SIB office.....
  4. I think that it is somewhat discriminatory that those of us who, to quote William Walker, use the body's main sewer as a playground can claim T&S for attending PRIDE. Yet those of us who like a good ruck and a maul or three should have to self-fund our attendance at the Army's annual walkover.

Either both should be allowed to claim or neither.
  5. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Presumably PRIDE is seen by the CoC as part of KAPE and therefore a good thing, and so you can claim. Whereas the Army/Navy game is seen as squaddies on the piss and therefore a bad thing so you can't.
  6. Well let's think it over. Grown men wrestling with each other in mud, trying to stick their heads up each others' arrses & finally sharing a bath together.

Some wendyball acquaintances have always claimed that Rugby's a bit homoerotic (& my team plays in pink) so just claim it is a pride event ;)
  7. What's the team Plume? Stade?

I thought your team played in green.
  8. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Cardiff Blues (Away)?

Becon Hockey Club?

Can't be London Irish surely?
  9. A renegade bunch of London Irish supporters. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
  10. Ah-ha - are you one of the Fairies? I used to be a Wolfhound but I'm alright...noooooooooow!

Will you be taking part in the CHP International Fat Bloke Sevens this year? Looks a hoot.
  11. Oh yes, won't miss it. I've invited the Slingsby bears a couple of times, but they're busy. We also didn't want to distract from our own charities, but as Fairies Skipper I was allowed to nominate H4H one year.

Fat Blokes Sevens is one of the best Rugby weekends of the year IMHO, topping Dubai & Hong Kong because we get to "play". PM me if you'd like more details & fancy a weekend camping, [ahem] refreshment [/ahem] and [ahem] [ahem] Rugby [/ahem] [/ahem] in sunny Berkshire in late July.

We once had the Army Vets at the tournament & I don't think they were RAVC...
  12. I suspect that was just a cover story for the presence of two male goats in their tent...
  13. Soldiers cant even get t&s for going to military shows overseas to represent the UK so why should people get t&s to go and watch AVN?? And Gay marches??