T Force Old Comrades Association

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Istarred, Jul 18, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I'm after some help on locating a contact name / number / address for the T Force old comrades association.

I'm trying to get in touch with the T Force Old Comrades Association on behalf of an elderly gentleman (My missus'es grandfather) who is currently in hospital.

He claims he served with the unit during the last stages of ww2, i have no reason to doubt him, but i'll be able to check when i search for his paperwork / red book this weekend.

He is notoriously silent about his war time service with his family but has confided in me about what he used to do. (I'm currently serving)

If we can put him in touch i'm sure it will provide some much needed morale for him.

Any help / leads would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
  2. I thought T Force was made up from 5 Kings? You could try The Kings Regiment Collection Curator Ms K O'Rourke 0151 784065 or the Museum of the Manchester Regiment Curator Mr G Smith 0161 3422254?
  3. Much appreciated simroy, I'll try them first thing in the morning.

4. Try the Liverpool one first. On the Liverpool museums site it list the battalions of the Kings Regiment who served in WW2. About the 5th Battalion is says "The 5th Battalion landed in Normandy on D Day in 1944. It was then reconstituted as part of Technical Force (Later 2 Technical Force) and took part in the advance into Germany and Denmark"