T.A Medical questions

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by shavies, Oct 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well, I'm going to be joining the signals in the T.A, and was just wondering, what exactly does the medical for the T.A entail?

Does it mean blood samples are taken?

Cheers.

2. why? are you worried about some sort of detection???? drug use? aids, or any other unsociable diesease??

3. Nah, just curious as I'm not particularly a fan of needles.

4. Lots of needles!

The Sigs Medical is just the same as any other. There is a bit of fondling your balls (my favourite bit) and the standard army checks, waddling like a duck, all four limbs, etc. Further details I'm sure can be obtained on other threads on this site or through the units themselves. I don't recall blood samples on mine.

5. if joining the sigs then you will need to get used to pricks!!!! :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, its a long time since my medical and i dont recall them jabbing me with any needles, however they will need to check your blood group during your basic training and when you deploy you will get loads of jabs!!!

6. Cheers, I'll just have to get used to it.

Out of all the things in the world, needles feel about the only thing that can send me into feeling a bit panicky, which is bloody pathetic I know. I'll man up during basic training for it though.

7. I'm gona go for my medical to join ta, previously joined in 2001 will the doc have my previous medical records from last medical??

8. You will have blood drawn at your initial medical for your blood grouping.

Unless you can provide documentary proof of your group from another reliable source I'm afraid a needle's coming your way!

WM

9. My initial medical? Was that the T.A. medical then? I had my medical and I didn't even have to get down to my skiddies or get jabbed with a needle.

10. The TA medical is fairly basic, you'll have to provide a p!ss sample and go through all the usual checks - eyesight, hearing etc. It's nothing to get worried about. There's sometimes ball fondling, only get panicked if the doc winks at you whilt doing it!! :roll:

11. Did my medical in August this year. Pretty basic, as follows. In no order as we were all sent to different tests at the same time:

Height and Weight
    Urine sample
    Blood Test
    Eye sight test
    Hering test
    Lie in the couch and have the doc check joints and lower abdomen.

Didn't remove my undercrackers, and kept the coverall and bib on all the time.