t.a cmt- fact or fiction?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by bampot, Aug 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. confused or what-is the ams ta still recruiting cmt's,or have they finally had the last nail driven in?,to the cmt role.I don't know what to F£$%8n believe anymore.

Attached Files:

2. Dunno - stilldoing a few CMT3(V) courses a year though - were a few from Med Regts on mine so I assume so.

3. im in an infantry regiment and i have heard of the course but its not well advertised as i tried to get on it a while ago and got bounced back being told they wanted me to get more experience as a rifleman first

4. Yes, TA CMTs still exist. What am I? Scotch Mist? Have a look in the RAMC forum and you will find a few threads about this. But maybe you want to write so that we can understand you?

I'm attached to the infantry and we have just sent someone last weekend to do the CMT3 (V) course. However, clinical governance etc is a big issue if you are not civi qualified.

Any more questions could someone else translate and I will try to help!

;)

5. well bird cack,u obviously have a problem reading this message.
    "IS THE AMS TA STILL RECRUITING CMT'S"actually it's scots mist.yes the reg csmr have cmt's to do all the humping and module painting.yes the fd hosp's now employ the cmt's as hca's/-BUT ONCE AGAIN HAVE THE T.A FD HOSPS/FD AMBULANCE'S STOPPED RECRUITING CMT'S-IS THAT TRANSLATED CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU!

Attached Files:

6. They were pulling yer p1sser mate - if you want to be a medic you can bloody well be one, so long as you've passed your CIC you can do any course available to you as a Pte soldier. Would you be intending to use it as a 'string to your bow' in the platoon, or would you become a company medic? I suspect your company is thin on the ground of riflemen and they're just trying to keep the section/platoon manning levels up!

7. You need CMTs force Close support Role

8. ;)[/quote]well bird cack,u obviously have a problem reading this message.
    "IS THE AMS TA STILL RECRUITING CMT'S"actually it's scots mist.yes the reg csmr have cmt's to do all the humping and module painting.yes the fd hosp's now employ the cmt's as hca's/-BUT ONCE AGAIN HAVE THE T.A FD HOSPS/FD AMBULANCE'S STOPPED RECRUITING CMT'S-IS THAT TRANSLATED CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU![/quote]

I am in a med regt TA. Yes we are very much so recruiting CMTs, Drivers, Rad Ops and Nurses, in fact every trade. I have heard a lot of talk in our bar about the clinical governance issues.

From the information given (all by rumor mill at present) the CEG (Career Employment Group) will be changing for medics. They are likely to be streamed into medical and non-medial, i.e. paramedics and G4/I12 wallers.

You may find that inf units would rather people through the door join as riflemen than medics as that is their main objective.

Hope this helps.