Szczecin, Poland

Ladies & Gents
I am heading to Poland with work in 6 weeks or so. Grateful if anyone has any recommendations for the city of Szczecin as I'll be staying there for the thick end of a month.

I'm not into whoring, or strip clubs, or any of that kind of kit, before anyone comes up with the usual!! I work with a German who suggested that the city has a rep of being quite 'seedy' as he put it.

Any advice / recommendations gratefully received.

Chas

Ladies & Gents
I am heading to Poland with work in 6 weeks or so. Grateful if anyone has any recommendations for the city of Szczecin as I'll be staying there for the thick end of a month.

I'm not into whoring, or strip clubs, or any of that kind of kit, before anyone comes up with the usual!! I work with a German who suggested that the city has a rep of being quite 'seedy' as he put it.

Chas
Yes but what will you do if you run into fit birds in uniform?

Last edited:
I spent a very enjoyable five months with work in Szczecin three years ago. For a good old fashion night out bit of a drink, good music, nice totty (young and not so young) head for Rockers. Around early June, there is a festival of antique Baltic/Oder sail boats - really good weekend, beer tents, markets etc. Some nice restaurants, views and walks. If you get bored, Berlin is only an hour and a half away.

I spent a very enjoyable five months with work in Szczecin three years ago. For a good old fashion night out bit of a drink, good music, nice totty (young and not so young) head for Rockers. Around early June, there is a festival of antique Baltic/Oder sail boats - really good weekend, beer tents, markets etc. Some nice restaurants, views and walks. If you get bored, Berlin is only an hour and a half away.
Thank you, hugely appreciated.

Ladies & Gents

Chas
Get a life, you saddo! Next thing you know, you'll be turning Japanese (having a touch of the Vapors).

Last edited:
Ladies & Gents

Chas
yeah, cry off and let some poor hen pecked bloke with balls like space hoppers go instead

Photos from Sczecin:
CASA.jpg
Casa2.jpg
Hall.jpg
River2.jpg
River3.jpg
T34.jpg
T34-2.jpg
MiG.jpg
River.jpg

Last edited:
It was pretty good actually, Grac. Everything was dirt cheap (2 pizzas, 2 beers = 7.50 Sterling!!!), some amazingly fit women, and Jorrocks' recommendation of 'Rockers' bar was spot on.

The CASA Crash memorial at Miroslawiec airbase - CASA Crash - is well worth a look. Quite moving, actually.

Hi just noticed this thread.
@chasndave
I wonder if you've taken a trip out to the nearby seaside resort of Swinoujscie - I vaguely remember a summer holiday there in 1968 (just before I went to primary school) when I went from UK with my grandmother and we meet up with her older sister and her eldest son's family from Wroclaw.
The most vivid memories are of the long golden beaches and the beachside stands selling aromatic barbecued kielbasa (sausage).