Syrian sniper and that rifle

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by msr, Feb 5, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Well she won't be hitting anything then, birds can't shoot, she's got a shit gun and an even shitter scope.

It's not a Draganov either.

3. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Expected better from The Telegraph …

4. Spot on reporting I see........makes me wonder if any of the article is factual.

5. A convoy of my chums was stopped to change a tyre in Bosnia and an old lady looking like her walked by with a sniper rifle strapped to her back. One no could really stop her. Doubt she was really the sniper and just moved the rifle between positions. Doubt she's the shooter (or sole user of that rifle) in this case also myself.

6. I'm too inept to make a link but googlle "female sniper sarajevo" and there is a lot on a former Olympic shooter turned sniper - and wasn't Mrs McGlinchy supposed to be a good shot with form? (Until her NHI death that is)

7. She's stood around doing **** all with it, much the same way the British Army brethren did with it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. She must have completed the RM Sniper Cadre then.

• Like Like x 12
  9. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Blast from the past there. I was OC Newry in early 1987 when her hearse came through town. I had to stand around with my SLR; no fancy optics, though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wasn't the female Olympian sniper is Sarajevo an urban myth? I think there were also rumours of the same type circulating in Chechnya as well.

Yup, googled it and they were called The White Tights. Sounds like an indie band.

11. Oh yes I know there have been female snipers. Not denying that. Look at WWII Russia too. But they have also been used as propaganda as well and their actual exploits possibly exaggerated in some cases. They say this chick went to a training camp etc. Probably did. She's Palestinian by birth.

12. Surely you're not that bored you're already fishing at this time of the morning?!!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Well at least one mystery is now solved;
    [​IMG] Warhead.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. " I think I have killed soldiers. You can never be one hundred per cent sure that they are dead, but I have hit them at least four or five times."

Her tone as she spoke of killing government troops was dogmatic; almost fanatical: "It makes you feel good. Whenever I hit one I shout 'yes!'"
    "

Strong smell of bullshit about this.

Anyway, what's that rifle she's got?