Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Syria Syria

Rubbish. Your post said they would leave or surrender. They say nothing of the sort. More agitprop lies from you

Have they been fighting Israel, Kurds and Turkey? Aren't they lumped in with 'those who spread corruption in the lands, the Khawarij, and the corrupts.'? (not Khawarij, they're something else)

Why not? It's 'highly likely' you're just being silly and using SOHR as a 'single source' despite previous discussions.
I don't use single source as a Bible (even Reuters). Some sources are relatively reliable, some less reliable and some unreliable.
However, if apparently pro-rebel source informs about fighting between different factions of rebels with many civilian victims then 'highly likely' it is close to the truth.

Russia didn't like its findings, so vetoed their results
There was propper justification. The results were composed on a base of reports forged by terrorists. The initial source of information was highly unreliable. So the results are unreliable as well.
..., vetoed their renewal twice, vetoed their extension once and vetoed their reimplementation earlier this year. Part of the plethora of vetoes by Russia on Syria.
The JIM appeared to be just Washington's puppet that was busy to invent fairy-tales in Beirut without visits to allegedly affected areas of Syria.

I don't use single source as a Bible (even Reuters). Some sources are relatively reliable, some less reliable and some unreliable.
You used a single source and SOHR at that. Your HOTO notes are rubbish.
However, if apparently pro-rebel source informs about fighting between different factions of rebels with many civilian victims then 'highly likely' it is close to the truth.
Nobody is doubting rebels fight amongst themselves. Its been happening for years.

Your assertion they would surrender or leave was a lie though

There was propper justification. The results were composed on a base of reports forged by terrorists. The initial source of information was highly unreliable. So the results are unreliable as well.
You agreed their remit. You should either abide by the remit or seek to change the remit. Not have a hissy fit about their findings
The JIM appeared to be just Washington's puppet that was busy to invent fairy-tales in Beirut without visits to allegedly affected areas of Syria.
"Washington's puppet"? More like independent panel finds against your allies so you have a tantrum and stamp your feet

Interesting follow up by Reuters, looking at Russian military contractors home travel arrangements from
Damascus to Molinko.
A duty officer at the 10th special forces brigade, asked why non-military people were entering the military base, said: “Nobody enters it, as far as I am aware ... You’ve seen them, okay. But you should not believe everything ... You can maybe.
Exclusive - Russian civilians helping Assad use military base back...

Your assertion they [the jihadists] would surrender or leave was a lie though
Sorry, I have forgotten to mention the third option - be killed.
It is my opinion. You may agree or disagree but rebels/jihadists/terrorists in Syria have only 3 options
- to surrender
- to flee
- to be killed
Or maybe you believe that they could win?

Sorry, I have forgotten to mention the third option - be killed.
Thank you
It is my opinion. You may agree or disagree but rebels/jihadists/terrorists in Syria have only 3 options
- to surrender
- to flee
- to be killed
Or maybe you believe that they could win?
Nope,
Option 4 - they could become part of the SAA or NDF. As many have done in the past and @Red Hander mentioned in an article posted yesterday.

Option 5 - Assad complies with UNSCR 2254 and they talk about an inclusive govt. Whether they would accept that, your guess is as good as mine.

Red Hander,
You said
"@184461 and @SteveLancs this thread is [was] a discussion about the conduct of the war in Syria."
Why don't you restrict scalieback to three or four posts per day and give those with something to add to the discussion an opportunity to actually discuss what is going on without being shouted down?

Thank you

Nope,
Option 4 - they could become part of the SAA or NDF. As many have done in the past and @Red Hander mentioned in an article posted yesterday.

Option 5 - Assad complies with UNSCR 2254 and they talk about an inclusive govt. Whether they would accept that, your guess is as good as mine.
Opt.4. Really there is choice between
- surrender and join SAA
- flee, join NDF and later have choice between 3 mentioned option.
Opt.5. Too late I fear. Though, in theory it is possible.

Red Hander,
You said
"@184461 and @SteveLancs this thread is [was] a discussion about the conduct of the war in Syria."
Why don't you restrict scalieback to three or four posts per day and give those with something to add to the discussion an opportunity to actually discuss what is going on without being shouted down?
Firstly, he's ignoring you, so he can't read your message.

Secondly, he's not a moderator. The Moderator's for this forum are:
You can always complain to one of them about me.

Alternatively, shock as it is, you could always do something other than have 'one way posts' for Syrian and Russian agitprop. When answered, ignore it and ignore the requests to read the previously posted articles i.e. enter into debate.

Opt.4. Really there is choice between
- surrender and join SAA
- flee, join NDF and later have choice between 3 mentioned option.
NDF not SDF. I thought you knew something about the subject? National Defence Forces (Syria) - Wikipedia
Opt.5. Too late I fear. Though, in theory it is possible.
There's always hope. That his ego doesn't cost another couple of years and another 100K lives. When do you think he will actually gain control of all of Syria as he states? Even Putin asked him about peace when he 'won' in November last year.

Firstly, he's ignoring you, so he can't read your message.

Secondly, he's not a moderator. The Moderator's for this forum are:
You can always complain to one of them about me.

Alternatively, shock as it is, you could always do something other than have 'one way posts' for Syrian and Russian agitprop. When answered, ignore it and ignore the requests to read the previously posted articles i.e. enter into debate.
Nothing like trying to shut down the 'enemy' er?
I do believe that you may be getting on their respective hamptons old chap.

Hi Scalie,
You dominate the forum so that any mildly interested parties will quickly turn off. You are the Arrse version of the BBC - boring and repetitive.
Why do you use an Avatar avatar? Do you associate yourself with Jake Sully and the natives, or the exploitative mercenaries?
Please try not to answer a question with a question, if you can.

News from the OPCW today (inc. odd Russian manoeuvres):

OPCW Fact-Finding Mission Visits Second Site in Douma, Syria

'Today, the FFM team carried out a visit to a second location in Douma. It also collected samples at this site. These samples will be brought back, together with other samples, to the OPCW laboratory in Rijswik. They will be split and dispatched for analysis by the OPCW designated labs.
Meanwhile, the OPCW Technical Secretariat was informed by the Russian delegation to the OPCW that it will organise a briefing for States Parties in The Hague on 26 April. The delegation would bring some Syrians to speak about the reported Douma incident. In line with Director-General’s earlier requests to States Parties to share information on the Douma incident, the Secretariat advised the Russian delegation that these persons should be first interviewed by the FFM. It was also recommended that such a briefing take place once the FFM has completed its work. Nevertheless, the Russian delegation stated that it would go ahead with the briefing and that its intention was not to interfere with the FFM’s work.
The FFM will continue to carry out its independent and impartial mission based on interviews with relevant people, its findings from the site visits, analysis of the sample results, as well as any other information and materials collected.'