• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Syria

Published on Apr 24, 2018
"People are very keen to hear the view of Syrians, BBC's reporting is very biased" says Baroness Cox who's just returned from a trip to Syria

Yeah,let's look at the scores on them doors...
In its latest report published Saturday, the European-Saudi Organization for Human Rights (ESOHR) said executions by the Saudi government in the first quarter of 2018 increased by 72 percent.
Saudi Arabia has been named as one of three countries who bear responsibility for 87% of all world death sentences. This was confirmed by Secretary – General of the United Nations.

Two Months into 2018: A Rise in beheadings by 167% in Saudi Arabia. Higher than the Monthly Average - European-Saudi Organisation for Human Rights

Then we have all the many wedding parties being killed through the Saudis dropping western kit on Yemenis.
Especially wedding parties.
Maybe KSA wasn't the best example to give as a comparison eh, Graculus?

Look's like he has a better idea than you and is able to alter his opinon based on all sources available.

Who cares and why would that matter? I've spent years in the ME and get my news from tinters as does everyone.
It's the only place to get any news without leaving your own compound/house/flat/pit.

Always pulled when he really can't add anything, you're completely right our Whitehall troll loves having the last word.
It makes him feel as though he's actually in control of the discussion/converstation.

This is step 1 in the arsch journey.
When you know you're right as all information you find says 'yeah, you're right' even though you were only trying to confirm the official narrative in the first place and none of what you found was consistent or believable.
Get set for part 2 where you have to start wibbling/ wobbling your head (whatever that actually is) and be otherwise defamed too.
A favorite of backs is 'pigeon shouting' that started when the australia mental health and conspraloon rx'd no hits.

Deflection and distraction while denying any of what you say as though arsch is just a foreign country and the inhabitants 'do things differently there' is pretty standard.

Get ready for the same personalities giving you crap ratings too as though arsch ratings are life/death important although you'll notice that good ratings are desired and played for on here to raise certain members' low self-esteem.

At the moment I have an crab-air REMF (who doesn't read any posts) chasing me around giving me great ratings for every post.
Get ready for being put on rippers too and/or banned.
The only reason that I'm unable to complement you on anything you write...is rippers cuts the amount of stuff you can do.
Get ready for a lot of angry characters who will do what they can to get you thrown off when they can't beat you.

You will notice that everyone who thinks the same, except Sergey, is on Rippers too.
That's the inconsequential price we all pay for our dealings.
There are quite a few of who've raised our heads and a lot more who just lurk in the background.

Have you been called a Russian troll or traitor yet?
It'll happen if you carry on although I should imagine you'll just brush it off as desperation, same as the rest of us.

Welcome to the internet's arrsehole, Mr Lancs.

If you're here for ratings you've chosen the wrong place but if you're here to show people there's always another side to what systems say it's the place to be.

Chok dee.

Petro-yuan may prove a bigger headache to US than trade wars
China's 'petro-yuan': The end of the dollar hegemony?
Got out of bed the wrong side this morning, did we?

This thread is about Syria, I know as I've been posting here for years, so I know full well that it's about Syria.
At present we're talking about Douma and what's going on in Douma.
One of the posters that agrees with your POV brought up KSA and it led, briefly to Yemen.
I haven't seen you try and berate that initial arschhole but come directly to the 2 people who are publicising the other side of the storyline, nor would I expect you to either.
You should be grateful as you don't appear to be looking for anything other than what you're being told. Hearing both sides gives you a complete picture as to the east/west point of views and relative evidence.
So far there's none- again.
The Syrian locals love Assad and the western-backed jihadis are doing their job and hating him/them/Syrians.
Instead you're moaning about 'crayoning over the thread' and have done the head-in-sand act of ignoring?
How old are you?
If you want to talk about issues you may have I'm not the right person but there'll be organisations out there.
I believe the pair of you are well suited. You both refuse to look at the facts and continually post agitprop. One is a St Petersburg troll. The other is an Australian walting conspiraloon. A match made in heaven :rolleyes:

I believe the pair of you are well suited. You both refuse to look at the facts and continually post agitprop. One is a St Petersburg troll. The other is an Australian walting conspiraloon. A match made in heaven :rolleyes:

Agitative propaganda is what you call inconvenient facts, isn't it?

Why are you so intent on believing and blaming Al Assad when all evidence from neutral investigative reporters on the ground point the other way?
Are you so blindly pro-western even to your own detriment?

‘Whole story was staged’: Germany's ZDF reporter says Douma incident was false flag attack
World’s Top War Reporter: Media Is Lying, No Gas Attack In Syria
American and British Reporters Reach Douma, Syria: Discover There Was NO Chemical Weapons Attack | Other News

And if any CW is confirmed by OPCW we'll never know by who actually used it.
The video evidence speaks for itself unless the laws of reality were suspended for that day.

Red Hander says we must stick to the topic, which is Syria.
Why not discuss what Baroness Cox said in her interview?
I will, once you’ve read UNSCRs 2118 and 2254 and the JIM. Tell me about them. Your views on them?

Why are you so intent on believing and blaming Al Assad when all evidence from neutral investigative reporters on the ground point the other way?

‘Whole story was staged’: Germany's ZDF reporter says Douma incident was false flag attack
American and British Reporters Reach Douma, Syria: Discover There Was NO Chemical Weapons Attack | Other News

The video evidence speaks for itself unless the laws of reality were suspended for that day.

And the reason why we won’t know ‘who’ is?

Have you not noticed the conflicting stories from the agitprop from ‘no CW’, to ‘false flag’ and then ‘rebel factories’?

Thicker than a safe door.

An interesting article here about Gen. Suheil al Hassan (now the soldier with the highest profile, after the death in DeZ of Issam Zahreddine.
There are rumoured to have been more than one assassination attempt on al Hassan in recent months and he is now permanently guarded by Russian Special Forces soldiers, which is something of a reflection of the levels of trust within the pro-regime forces.

Russia's Favorite Syrian Warlord

Could Qatar be next?
According to the Saudi FM- yes, they could.

RIYADH: Qatar should pay for the presence of US military forces in Syria, Saudi Foreign Minister Adel Al-Jubeir said in a statement carried by the Saudi Press Agency (SPA).

FM Jubeir’s statement came following comments made by US President Donald Trump during a joint press conference with his French counterpart Emmanuel Macaron.

Jubeir stated that Qatar must send its military forces to Syria “before the American President cancels American protection of Qatar, which hosts a (US) military base on its lands”.

In his statement, the Saudi FM also said that if US does withdraw its protection - in the form of military base - “the (Qatari) regime would fall there in less than a week”.

Saudi FM Al-Jubeir: Qatar should pay for US troops in Syria
2017- How Qatar Is Being Pushed Into The Arms Of Iran By Saudi Arabia And Its Allies

There doesn't appear to be any elaboration as to who the Sauds think will overthrow the Al Thanis or the relative govt but we need to watch this like a hawk with binos.
Iran are only over the sea a bit from Iran and when the Qatari blockade was imposed by the other GCC Iran actually did supply/food drops to the Qataris to help them out.
They thus get on.
Iran sends aid to Qatar amid fears of food shortages
Arab countries are turning on Qatar; what does it mean for Israel?

Interesting point of view here.
How The Media Reveal Inconvenient Truth About Syria:

How The Media Reveal Inconvenient Truth About Syria
I believe ‘he doth protest too much’. Have you anything to say on the links I mentioned? Or is it all ‘one way traffic’?

E2A: Classic squealing:
Then there was downright idiocy. Riding on the bandwagon of Russophobia is an opportunistic assortment of self-styled sleuths, deploying sometimes hilarious methods of “Russian bot” identification. This has led to the fingering of the now celebrated Ian Shilling, for instance, and the already greatly celebrated Syrian chemist in Australia who goes by the handle @Partisangirl.
Ah, 'controlled information'. I think we're getting somewhere:
Such a mass mobilisation of controlled information should be no less worrying than the mobilisation of armed force. It is what generates the atmosphere of acquiescence required to get a military war going.
'Centralised power over information'? He's talking about 'the West'? Rather than Putin's agitprop?
By coordinating their concerted smear campaign, those with centralised power over information have literally revealed what they don’t want revealed. Nobody reading theirwords will be much the wiser about the alleged problem of “Assad Apologists”, but anyone reflecting on the mere fact of this extraordinary campaign will know that they are pointing out with neon light the people who must not be listened to and certainly not emulated.
He definitely needs a 'safe space'. Sounds like he's going to blub.
For everybody else, they constitute a collective declaration of solidarity with what we all hold dear.
And here we have his 'viewpoint' for all to see. I think he needs a tissue:
Academic Freedom And Setting An Example
Independent journalists like Vanessa Beeley, who, as I write, is on the ground in Douma, have uncovered potentially significant evidence, but since she is also criticised in The Times, I don’t just now want to occasion any accusation of being a ‘useful idiot’ by citing her evidence. (I do happen to have great respect for her, however, so this bracketing is simply for the present purpose.)
The 'Group' he writes for is definitely 'of a nuture':
Doubts about “Novichoks” – Working Group on Syria, Propaganda and Media

Last edited:
Could Qatar be next?

RIYADH: Qatar should pay for the presence of US military forces in Syria, Saudi Foreign Minister Adel Al-Jubeir said in a statement carried by the Saudi Press Agency (SPA).

FM Jubeir’s statement came following comments made by US President Donald Trump during a joint press conference with his French counterpart Emmanuel Macaron.

Jubeir stated that Qatar must send its military forces to Syria “before the American President cancels American protection of Qatar, which hosts a (US) military base on its lands”.

In his statement, the Saudi FM also said that if US does withdraw its protection - in the form of military base - “the (Qatari) regime would fall there in less than a week”.
Saudi FM Al-Jubeir: Qatar should pay for US troops in Syria
2017- How Qatar Is Being Pushed Into The Arms Of Iran By Saudi Arabia And Its Allies

There doesn't appear to be any elaboration as to who the Sauds think will overthrow the Al Thanis or the relative govt but we need to watch this like a hawk with binos.
Iran are only over the sea a bit from Iran and when the Qatari blockade was imposed by the other GCC Iran actually did supply/food drops to the Qataris to help them out.
They thus get on.
Iran sends aid to Qatar amid fears of food shortages
Arab countries are turning on Qatar; what does it mean for Israel?
Probably better on the Qatar thread

It's just fine exactly where I put it..
RIYADH: Qatar should pay for the presence of US military forces in Syria
You really are a complete walting conspiraloon:
Could Qatar be next?
The 'only link' is possibly getting Gulf States to pay for US presence in Syria. There's much more info in your article on the whole Qatar thing. Still, so long as you remain YOU

Last edited:
Exclusive - Russian civilians helping Assad use military base back...
Reuters piece on the 'none existent' estimated 2,000 or so Russian Contractors in Syria. It pretty much carries on from their ChamWings piece the other day. It appears they are now linked back to using the Russian 10th SF Bde base in Molkino:
The Kremlin says it has nothing to do with Russian civilians fighting in Syria but on three recent occasions groups of men flying in from Damascus headed straight to a defence ministry base in Molkino, Reuters reporters witnessed.

Molkino in southwestern Russia is where the Russian 10th Special Forces Brigade is based, according to information on the Kremlin website.

The destination of the Russians arriving from Syria provides rare evidence of a covert Russian mission in Syria beyond the air strikes, training of Syrian forces and small numbers of special forces troops acknowledged by Moscow.
Obviously Peskov denies their existence as such 'units' are against the Russian constitution and any investigations mean you leave 5th floor balconies rapidly:
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Feb. 14 Russians may be in Syria but “they are not part of the armed forces of the Russian Federation”. He referred Reuters to the defence ministry when asked why civilians fighting in Syria return to a military base. The ministry did not immediately respond.

A duty officer at the 10th special forces brigade, asked why non-military people were entering the military base, said: “Nobody enters it, as far as I am aware ... You’ve seen them, okay. But you should not believe everything ... You can maybe. But how can we comment on what other organisations do?”

More than 2,000 Russian contractors are fighting to help Syrian forces recapture land from their opponents, several sources, including one contractor, have said.

The contractors are transferred by Syrian airline Cham Wings, the sources said.
The same Molkino base has been used since the Ukrainian conflict days:
Several relatives, friends and recruiters of fighters told Reuters Russian private contractors have had a training camp in Molkino since the time they fought in eastern Ukraine alongside pro-Russian separatists.

The military facility is known for its recently renovated firing range, where the military trains for counter terrorist operations, tank battles and sniper shooting, the Russian defence ministry website says.

Russian envoy plays down tensions with Israel over Syria strikes
Almost an admission by Russia that Iran is supplying Hz with missiles and they understand why Israel is targeting the shipments:
Asked whether Russia would now curtail Israel’s freedom of action in Syria, Ambassador Alexander Shein sounded circumspect.

“It is of course in our interest that these actions not take place, because they worsen the Syria situation,” he told Israeli news site Ynet. But he added: “We of course understand the reasons for Israel deciding to carry out actions of this kind, and would of course also prefer that these reasons not exist.”
Still awaiting a decision on S-300. I note Israel has apparently trained against S-300's in Cyprus previously:
Russia has said it might provide Syria with the S-300 missile defence system, which could clip the wings of Israel’s air force. Israel has warned against any such deal.

“If anyone shoots at our planes, we will destroy them,” Israeli Defence Minister Avigdor Lieberman told Ynet on Tuesday.

Shein said the idea of the S-300 delivery - on which Russia has yet to decide - was a result of the punitive April 14 missile strikes by U.S., British and French forces on Syria.

“I emphasise that the question arose in the context of Western aggression against Syria, and has nothing to do with Israel,” he said.
It looks like Russia is stepping back from any confrontation with Israel:
The ambassador also played down the risk of a physical confrontation between Russia and Israel over Syria.

“I can’t imagine any such scenario,” he said in response to Lieberman’s threat. “We are mutually coordinating and updating about Syria ... So far, there have been no incidents between us, nor even hints at incidents, and I hope there will not be.”

An item here from 'Southfront' [a pro-Russia, pro-Syrian regime/govt. source] concerning the presentation by the Russian MoD of parts of missiles intercepted [Russia says] during the recent US/UK/Fr attacks on Syria.

Link here: Russian Military Shows Wreckage Of Missiles Intercepted In Syria, Says Two Unexploded Missiles Delivered To Moscow

Any aircraft missile spotters in?

I suppose the point needs to be made that parts can be recovered from a missile impact site, as well as from a shot down missile.

1524653775259.jpg

1524653792843.jpg

1524653818695.jpg

The SOHR (Syrian Observatory for Human rights) was (not so long ago) a very popular news source for MSM.
But now it is rarely being mentioned by Reuters, by BBC, by other MSM.
Let's look at the SOHR site.
http://www.syriahr.com/en/?p=90243
Several intersected sources confirmed to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights that an agreement had been reached between Hayyaat Tahrir Al-Sham, Nour al-Din al-Zenki and Ahrar al-Sham Movement after the bloodshed and clashes in the abolition war between both parties in Idlib Province and the western countryside of Aleppo, which killed hundreds of civilian and fighters of both parties
This agreement comes after violent clashes that caused large human losses especially in the ranks of both parties in Idlib and the western of Aleppo, where the Syrian Observatory documented the rise of number of casualties among the rival factions in the abolishing war and civilians, where it rose to at least 231, the number of members of Hayyaat Tahrir al-Sham who were killed during the shelling and clashes against Nour al-Din al-Zenki in the western countryside of Aleppo, and the movement of Ahrar al-Sham and Soqur al-Sham in the countryside of Idlib, while it rose to 174
So different terrorist and jihadists faction stopped to fight each other. So now they are ready to surrender or flee Syria.

Last edited:
An item here from 'Southfront' [a pro-Russia, pro-Syrian regime/govt. source] concerning the presentation by the Russian MoD of parts of missiles intercepted [Russia says] during the recent US/UK/Fr attacks on Syria.

Link here: Russian Military Shows Wreckage Of Missiles Intercepted In Syria, Says Two Unexploded Missiles Delivered To Moscow

Any aircraft missile spotters in?

I suppose the point needs to be made that parts can be recovered from a missile impact site, as well as from a shot down missile.

View attachment 332205

View attachment 332206

View attachment 332207
Certainly not a 'missile spotter' but neither of the two nose cones shown look like TLAM, JASSM-ER, Storm Shadow/SCALP or MdCN. The 'bitsa's' could of course be what they claim they are. You'd have thought the 'two intact missiles' would have been photographed before being shipped to Moscow.

The SOHR (Syrian Observatory for Human rights) was (not so long ago) a very popular news source for MSM.
But now it is rarely being mentioned by Reuters, by BBC, by other MSM.
Let's look at the SOHR site.
They are still mentioned by western MSM. We all agreed not to use them as a 'single source of information' but that possibly wasn't in your HOTO notes. Unless their accounts were backed up by either pro Assad news outlets eg Hezbollah, SANA or Russian agitprop such as RT, Sputnik, Global Research (fnaar), RIA, 21stCenturyWire etc. or by other Western sources such as 'Op Inherent Resolve/Op Shader etc.
So different terrorist and jihadists faction stopped to fight each other. So now they are ready to surrender ot flee Syria.
The third paragraph which you haven't quoted (for some reason) doesn't seem to coincide with your supposition:
the SOHR obtained a copy of a video weeks ago showing a commander in Hayyaat Tahrir Al-Sham, called “Abu Al-Yaqazan Al-Masri”, a commander of the rebel attack of Tahrir Al-Sham, while he was delivering a speech to a group of fighters of the Hayyaat during the fighting and saying that “O, People of Al-Sham, Allah has honored you to witness the fighting against the Americans, the Russians, the apostates of Bashar Army, those who spread corruption in the lands, the Khawarij, and the corrupts. The end is near and the ranks are becoming clear, and the fighting will continue until this area turns back to a battlefield against the infidels. Noor Al-Din Al-Zenki Movement didn’t open a new battlefront and it sent 40 fighters to a position in Skaik area, but they withdrew after 10 days. The weapons were obtained to be used in Jihad and kept stored for a year and will come out to be used in Jihad, tanks, tracked vehicles, warehouses of Ahrar Al-Sham became under our control and the Jihad in the Levant is a faith, don’t lose it”.
Personally, I don't think you'll want to use SOHR as a 'single source' as 'walting conspiraloon' and other 'useful idiots' will accuse you of being a 'western troll'

I will, once you’ve read UNSCRs 2118 and 2254 and the JIM. Tell me about them. Your views on them?
The JIM was created for facts finding and formulating of allegations that had to be regarded by UNSC. The UNSC after consideration of presented materials didn't find them sufficiently convincing. The JIM appeared to be manipulated by Washington. So Moscow didn't agree to extend its mandate.
All JIM's findings have legal status of allegations. It is not something well proved or established. JIM's 'experts' mainly created their fairy-tales sitting in Beirut and didn't care to visit sites of so called 'CW attacks'.

Latest Threads