• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Syria

Really? I’m ‘in the military’ and I believe he did. So he’s wrong.

I know that sounds childish, but it’s no more ridiculous a comment than Shaw’s ‘nobody’. Whilst he’s well respected he isn’t even in the military any more so no idea how he can make that assertion. That said, it’s not what he actually said, is it?Added to the fact that he won’t have seen any of the intel.

It is funny. Like the 'Big Book of Pravda Responses' you post, anything in there about selling T55's? Even Southfront admit some have been captured: Weapons of Syrian War: T-55 Main Battle Tank (Infographics)

Same old mantra, 'West bad, Russia, PRC, DPRK good'
The AK is on the Mozambique flag for a reason.
Africa runs on Russian kit.
Somali pirates may have ransom for ship with Soviet tanks

I don't remember the Ru ever pulling the huge strokes of blatantly funding/supplying/arming the jihadis in order to bring about regime change though.
Maybe I missed that memo?

Cliton, Obama, Trump, Kerry, McCann, Graham, Bolton: they're all just UI to the system they serve.

The AK is on the Mozambique flag for a reason.
Africa runs on Russian kit.
Somali pirates may have ransom for ship with Soviet tanks

I don't remember the Ru ever pulling the huge strokes of blatantly funding/supplying/arming the jihadis in order to bring about regime change though.
Maybe I missed that memo?

Cliton, Obama, Trump, Kerry, McCann, Graham, Bolton: they're all just UI to the system they serve.
Thought as much. Answer five in the 'Big Book of Pravda Responses'

'Deny everything, blame others'

If you seriously think Russia/USSR has not supplied any rebel force with arms anywhere in the world, you need (again genuinely) your head examining.

As I said the AK is on the Moz flag for a reason but they couldn't care who had their weapons as it was out of their hands.
The whole market was replete with millions of Russian, Yugoslav, Romanian, Czech, Polish, Bulgarian, Chinese etc etc AK systems and various other Russian kit.
Far too much to keep a handle on even if you wanted.

The fact that the US deliberately sent the Libyan foreign fighters all those weapons which then were sent up to Syria when Libya had fallen with the express knowledge of the US hierarchy at the time should raise questions as they aren't the same thing as Russia flooding the African market.

An oldie but goldie from '13.
Spells out one particular angle-at-play here:

And now paying for the US war effort is being talked about again....

Trump: Saudi Arabia should pay for US troops to remain in Syria
Trump wants troops out of Syria, or Saudis can pay for them to stay | Daily Mail Online

'Trump claimed that the fight against the Islamic State was “almost completed” and said: “I want to get out. I want to bring our troops back home. I want to start rebuilding our nation.”
Trump said the US had spent $7tn on the Middle East over the past 17 years, since the US invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq after the 11 September 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.
“We get nothing, nothing out of it,” Trump said. “Think of it – $7tn over a 17-year period. We have nothing – nothing except death and destruction. It’s a horrible thing. So it’s time.”

White House clarification only adds to confusion over Syria withdrawal

Obviously this was him talking 2 days before ol' silly bollocks decided to get the US etc involved again.
What a silly boy, that doctor just isn't clever at all, is he?

Global donors to seek more than $6 billion for Syrian aid
They're having another meeting about raising aid. Looking for another $6Bn. The UK have spent or committed to spend $3.5Bn on Syrian aid, principally for the refugees in neighbouring countries:
As the conflict enters its eighth devastating year, Brussels has invited some 85 governments and non-governmental agencies to raise funds for humanitarian aid, limited reconstruction and de-mining of shattered cities.

“Funding the aid response is critical,” said Robert Beer at aid agency CARE International. “But funding is only part of the picture - the systematic and deliberate blocking of aid inside Syria must end, and aid workers must be granted unimpeded access to civilians,” he said in a statement.

This, the third annual conference after London in 2016 and then in Brussels last year, could help return some electricity and water to cities heavily damaged in the West’s campaign to push out Islamic militants.

But the majority is likely to go to help the refugees outside Syria and the millions displaced within, including some 160,000 people who fled a bombing campaign by Syrian ally Russia in eastern Ghouta near Damascus over the past six weeks.

The $6-billion target is similar to the amount raised last year, but officials say they want to go beyond that level now.
Fit Italian chick has had no response from her calls for a ceasefire. Pesky unanimous UNSC Resolutions:
This time, the EU’s top diplomat Federica Mogherini is appealing to the trio of Iran, Russia and Turkey - the key powers with direct military involvement in the war - to support a lasting ceasefire to allow aid access and medical evacuations.

Mogherini wrote to the three last February to demand a 30-day humanitarian ceasefire. That has not seen a response as yet, said an EU official involved in Syria policy.
Kremlin, on possible missile delivery to Syria, says Western strike...
Will they, won't they:
Russia’s daily Kommersant newspaper, citing unnamed military sources, reported earlier on Monday that Russia might start supplying S-300 anti-aircraft missile systems to Syria in the near future.

It said experts believed that Israel would react negatively to the development and might bomb the area where the missile systems would be deployed.

Pigeon shouting still?
As I said the AK is on the Moz flag for a reason but they couldn't care who had their weapons as it was out of their hands.
The whole market was replete with millions of Russian, Yugoslav, Romanian, Czech, Polish, Bulgarian, Chinese etc etc AK systems and various other Russian kit.

The fact that the US deliberately sent the Libyan foreign fighters all those weapons which then were sent up to Syria when Libya had fallen with the express knowledge of the US hierarchy at the time should raise questions as they aren't the same thing as Russia flooding the African market.

Trump wants troops out of Syria, or Saudis can pay for them to stay | Daily Mail Online

'Trump claimed that the fight against the Islamic State was “almost completed” and said: “I want to get out. I want to bring our troops back home. I want to start rebuilding our nation.”
Trump said the US had spent $7tn on the Middle East over the past 17 years, since the US invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq after the 11 September 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.
“We get nothing, nothing out of it,” Trump said. “Think of it – $7tn over a 17-year period. We have nothing – nothing except death and destruction. It’s a horrible thing. So it’s time.”

Obviously this was him talking 2 days before ol' silly bollocks decided to get the US etc involved again.
Thought as much. Answer five in the 'Big Book of Pravda Responses'

'Deny everything, blame others'

If you seriously think Russia/USSR has not supplied any rebel force with arms anywhere in the world, you need (again genuinely) your head examining.

Still no link to 'CIA supplying T55's'

There's no way that you can claim that AKs (particularly in the 60s and 70s) came from anywhere other than Russia, China or their client states. In Angola, fir example, 5he weapons were supplied in the clear foreknowledge that they would be used against the West. The same with the VC in Vietnam.
I would concede that all states have done this, but not that only the West has.

What a contrast! Trump told Europe it had to contribute more for its defence..
Whereas Putin is generous beyond measure!

Russia to deliver S-300 air defence systems to Syria for free
What a contrast! Steve Lancs post agitprop. He even believes it.:rolleyes:

Bankrupt state indirectly and then directly supported by Russia requiring $Bn's of investment to support the refugees abroad and at home and still fighting a seven year plus civil war might (not will, they're still 'umming and ahhing') get an updated SAM system from SA 5 (Gammon) to SA10 (Grumble). Compared to independent NATO countries which gave a commitment to try and achieve 2% of GDP on Defence by 2024.

You need to read the thread before posting duplicate information

I saw the post on Twitter and thought I would be first with the news. Of course nothing is free. It just moves the goal posts a bit and it will be interesting to see what happens next.

Pigeon shouting?
I saw the post on Twitter and thought I would be first with the news. Of course nothing is free.
The whole idea of the thread is for updates and comment. If you kept abreast of it in St Petersburg, you'd know
It just moves the goal posts a bit and it will be interesting to see what happens next.
So long as Assad's govt don't use CW again, pretty much nothing. He'll eventually 'win' again. And again.

His acquisition of SA10 Grumble's has been voiced both pre and post the strikes on CW manufacture and storage sites. Russia will do what is best for Russia. Same as every other country. They're just milking it again.... and again.

I accept that Russia will do what's best for Russia and that it is the same for every other country, absolutely. So why does Theresa May have to dress it up as a humanitarian mission? What is in it for Britain to waste millions of pounds bombing nothing much at all, without the approval of parliament?

Still pigeon shouting?
I accept that Russia will do what's best for Russia and that it is the same for every other country, absolutely. So why does Theresa May have to dress it up as a humanitarian mission? What is in it for Britain to waste millions of pounds bombing nothing much at all, without the approval of parliament?
Have a look at the CWC. Then have a look at unanimous UNSC Resolution 2118 and what brought it about. Then have a look at the unanimously appointed Joint Investigative Mechanism, then have a look at their findings. You can then look at the four vetoes of their remit and the other eight vetoes Russia has used on Syria.

You know it was 'nothing much at all' how? What's your BDA knowledge?

My BDA knowledge, knowledge of CWC, UNSC etc. is zero. I just rely on common sense.
A quick search for...
"People Are Dancing In The Streets": Syria, Russia, Iran Shrug Off Trump's Airstrikes.. lot's of results.
Why would Syria lie, and provoke airstrikes from Israel who were upset about FUKUS poor result?

More pigeon shouting?
My BDA knowledge, knowledge of CWC, UNSC etc. is zero. I just rely on common sense.
That's why you say things like "Whereas Putin is generous beyond measure! "
A quick search for...
"People Are Dancing In The Streets": Syria, Russia, Iran Shrug Off Trump's Airstrikes.. lot's of results.
Why would Syria lie, and provoke airstrikes from Israel who were upset about FUKUS poor result?
I reiterate: "Have a look at the CWC. Then have a look at unanimous UNSC Resolution 2118 and what brought it about. Then have a look at the unanimously appointed Joint Investigative Mechanism, then have a look at their findings. You can then look at the four vetoes of their remit and the other eight vetoes Russia has used on Syria."

Until you know why the strike took place, all you're doing is peddling Kremlin lies.

I knew Sergey needed a hand, but they could've got a competent one.

A quick search for...
Has it occured to you that the concept behind the strike was not to remove all or most of the CW in Assad's armoury, but to point out to him that if the US wishes to bomb, it can and the "we will shoot them all down" statement from Russia was worth as much as Russia signing a treaty.

I am sure you will come back with, they shot down 73 and did little damage. That number was for public dissemination and to mislead the public, Assad knows how many they shot down with their supper duppa air defence which Russia said they have trained to a high standard but now require new weapons. If the old aid defence was so good why do they need a new one.

Answers on the back of a fag pack.

Latest Threads