Syria

Air strikes pound insurgent enclave close to Damascus
There was me thinking Yarmouk was resolved. Ongoing Assad govt. attacks in the al-Hajar al-Aswad area which adjoin Yarmouk. IS, aNF and FSA controlled areas:
Air strikes pounded a jihadist-held area near Damascus on Sunday, footage broadcast by Syrian state TV stations showed, as the Syrian government stepped up efforts to wipe out the insurgency’s last foothold near the capital.

Thick clouds of smoke rose from the al-Hajar al-Aswad area and the sound of jets could be heard in broadcasts from the area just south of Damascus that is controlled by insurgents from the Islamic State and Nusra Front groups.
UNRWA asking for safe passage of sick and wounded:
Thousands of homes had been destroyed in Yarmouk in the last four days of fighting, Chris Gunness, UNRWA spokesman, said.

“There must be safe passage for the sick and the wounded and the dying civilians,” he said. “Yarmouk has been transformed into a death camp, like one of the lower regions of hell.”

The jihadist-held enclave is adjoined by a pocket held by other rebel groups fighting under the Free Syrian Army banner.

Iraq's April 19 air strike in Syria killed 36 IS militants: spokesman
Iraq claiming 36 including HVTs from their attack on IS controlled areas in Syria:
An Iraqi air strike in Syria on April 19 has killed 36 Islamic State militants, including some of the group’s leaders in Syria, an Iraqi military spokesman told Reuters on Sunday.

Iraqi warplanes had attacked an Islamic State explosives factory and other positions inside Syria on Thursday, a rare air assault across the border.

Israel hints it could hit Iran's 'air force' in Syria
7 IRGC are reported as being killed by the Israeli strike on the T4 airbase on 09.04.2018. The article drags together various reports and mentions F15s not going to Red Flag due to their concerns about Iran using Syrian airfields:
Israel released details on Tuesday about what it described as an Iranian “air force” deployed in neighboring Syria, including civilian planes suspected of transferring arms, a signal that these could be attacked should tensions with Tehran escalate.

Iran, along with Damascus and its big-power backer Russia, blamed Israel for an April 9 air strike on a Syrian air base, T-4, that killed seven Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) members. Iranian officials have promised unspecified reprisals.

Israeli media ran satellite images and a map of five Syrian air bases allegedly used to field Iranian drones or cargo aircraft, as well as the names of three senior IRGC officers suspected of commanding related projects, such as missile units.
Possible build up between Hz and their suppliers. “There could be a very big belligerent incident with Iran and Hezbollah.”
An Israeli-Iranian showdown over Syria has loomed since Feb. 10, when Israel said an armed drone launched from T-4 penetrated its air space. Israel blew up the drone and carried out a raid on Syrian air defenses in which one of its F-16 jets was downed.

“Israel is headed for escalation,” Yaacov Amidror, former national security adviser to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, told Tel Aviv radio station 103 FM. “There could be a very big belligerent incident with Iran and Hezbollah.”

While not claiming responsibility for the T-4 strike, Israel has restated a policy of preventing Iran setting up a Syrian garrison. Scores of previous such raids went unanswered but Israel worries that changing conditions may now embolden Iran.

Israel hints it could hit Iran's 'air force' in Syria
7 IRGC are reported as being killed by the Israeli strike on the T4 airbase on 09.04.2018. The article drags together various reports and mentions F15s not going to Red Flag due to their concerns about Iran using Syrian airfields:

Possible build up between Hz and their suppliers. “There could be a very big belligerent incident with Iran and Hezbollah.”
Iran's going to get a shoeing, as soon as enough stability is available Hezb will become more active against Israel.

Iran's going to get a shoeing, as soon as enough stability is available Hezb will become more active against Israel.
I was thinking that myself. Hz unlikely to kick off until ‘peace breaks out’ but they’re getting ready.

Re. Iran, it's worth bearing in mind that the Lebanese general election takes place on 06 05 2018. There is a chance [if the election is not postponed as it was in 2009) that Hezbollah and its allies could form a majority in parliament. If that happens, Israel will have an even greater Iranian issue than at present. However, the win is not certain, with Hezbollah's role in Syria being both an electoral advantage with those voters who are focused on opposition to Israel, and a disadvantage for voters who feel Hezbollah are neglecting bread and butter issues. Interesting article here:

Lebanon's new electoral law could spell trouble for traditional parties

Air strikes pound insurgent enclave close to Damascus
There was me thinking Yarmouk was resolved. Ongoing Assad govt. attacks in the al-Hajar al-Aswad area which adjoin Yarmouk. IS, aNF and FSA controlled areas:

UNRWA asking for safe passage of sick and wounded:
Yarmouk is looking like a hard fight. The SAA is losing men and material to a combination of ISIS and HTS (I think from the 'truce' HTS area which adjoins Yarmouk). Due to the army losses, I am not sure that the usual truce and evacuation deal will apply to Yarmouk; or at least not with more stringent conditions than those usually applied.

I was thinking that myself. Hz unlikely to kick off until ‘peace breaks out’ but they’re getting ready.
Good job that they have some LO aircraft to use.

Speaking exclusively to The Mail on Sunday, the ex-SAS and Parachute Regiment commander added: 'The jihadists and the various opposition groups who've been fighting against Assad have much greater motivation to launch a chemical weapons attack and make it look like Assad was responsible.
'Their motivation being that they want to keep the Americans involved in the war – following Trump saying the US was going to leave Syria for other people to sort out.'

Anybody considered the real motive, or what persuaded Trump to change his mind? This might provide a clue..

Genie Energy - Wikipedia

Have a look at who is in on it...

Jacob Rothschild, Michael Steinhardt and Rupert Murdoch among others hold minority interest

and note this sentence which says quite clearly that it is Syrian territory...
In February 2013, Israeli authorities awarded Afek Oil and Gas an exclusive 36-month petroleum exploration license to a 153-square-mile (400 km2) plot in the Golan Heights, which the UN recognizes to be Syrian territory.

Speaking exclusively to The Mail on Sunday, the ex-SAS and Parachute Regiment commander added: 'The jihadists and the various opposition groups who've been fighting against Assad have much greater motivation to launch a chemical weapons attack and make it look like Assad was responsible.
'Their motivation being that they want to keep the Americans involved in the war – following Trump saying the US was going to leave Syria for other people to sort out.'

Anybody considered the real motive, or what persuaded Trump to change his mind? This might provide a clue..

Genie Energy - Wikipedia

Jacob Rothschild, Michael Steinhardt and Rupert Murdoch among others hold minority interest

In February 2013, Israeli authorities awarded Afek Oil and Gas an exclusive 36-month petroleum exploration license to a 153-square-mile (400 km2) plot in the Golan Heights, which the UN recognizes to be Syrian territory.
If what you say were to be the case, Trump would be doing a lot more than launching a single, precisely targeted attack on suspected CW sites.
Being a former SAS commander does not automatically make him an expert on global politics.

Genie Energy - Wikipedia

I prefer your ‘normal’ account.

You’re repeating the same stuff re General Shaw whose point is ‘Assad is winning’ but Assad was winning when he used CW last year.

As for ‘oil in the Golan’ it’s up there with a few of your other views.

Yarmouk is looking like a hard fight. The SAA is losing men and material to a combination of ISIS and HTS (I think from the 'truce' HTS area which adjoins Yarmouk). Due to the army losses, I am not sure that the usual truce and evacuation deal will apply to Yarmouk; or at least not with more stringent conditions than those usually applied.
They reported IS will be shipped out to the areas in Syria that Iraq struck. Looks like that ‘deal’ has fallen through. It’s going to be a tough fight so I hope Assad doesn’t decide to (allegedly) use CW again.

Look mum Bill is the only one in step.^_^
I'll keep on reminding him of the link between narcissism and conspiraloons...

Genie Energy - Wikipedia

Sure "Steve"

They reported IS will be shipped out to the areas in Syria that Iraq struck. Looks like that ‘deal’ has fallen through. It’s going to be a tough fight so I hope Assad doesn’t decide to (allegedly) use CW again.
ISIS are resilient; I can see them being a feature of conflict for many years to come, sadly, as the name will be a focus for discontented Sunnis irrespective of whether the first version of ISIS is defeated.
I too hope Assad does not use CW on them. I also hope they finish ISIS in Damascus as they will definitely have to face them elsewhere if not.

ISIS are resilient; I can see them being a feature of conflict for many years to come, sadly, as the name will be a focus for discontented Sunnis irrespective of whether the first version of ISIS is defeated.
I too hope Assad does not use CW on them. I also hope they finish ISIS in Damascus as they will definitely have to face them elsewhere if not.
IS-2 and/or AQ-I 2 are a definite imo in Iraq and Syria if they don’t deal with the disaffected Sunni’s, which doesn’t seem to be happening in either country.

Latest Threads