Syria

The headline is somewhat misleading.

General Shaw says Assad’s winning. He has been for years and in fact ‘won’ in November last year. He was still found guilty by the JIM of using Sarin last year despite ‘winning’
Have you found a link yet to substantiate that claim?

I told you how to use google. Looks like you’ve failed again

'Most likely' (C) PMTM, gen.Shaw is Russian agent.
You and the poster below
He works on the next desk down from me and in the other office just around from you!!
I thought it was all a secret but you let the cat out of the bag!!
are certainly guilty of the worst crimes for any interwebz troll - being hard of thinking and big on repeating pish out of context...

What these American observers don’t grasp is that Assad doesn’t care about them: He plays less to the West than to his internal audience. The videos of children and first responders dying from sarin poisoning horrified people, and this is exactly what they were intended to do: They were meant to strike fear into rebels and send the message that the war was over.

Perspective | Why would Assad use sarin in a war he's winning? To terrify Syrians.

You're evidence that having a link doesn't necessarily mean much at all. You have gazillions of links....but not a Scooby.

I don't think he needs your help but I'm sure he's grateful for the support against the evil Russian trolls
Shows how much you pay attention. I've specifically called you a common or garden troll, Sergei as well though he happens to be Russian.

Learn to use the quote function FFS, it makes you look lazy and a narcissi..........oops.

Whoops, they're not having much luck are they?
Investigative journalists must all either be working for the Motherland or actually fulfilling their job-title.

Germany's Largest Public TV News Broadcaster: Syria Chemical Attack "Most Likely Staged"
'A senior correspondent for German state media broadcast ZDF heute stunned his European audience during a report from on the ground in Syria when he gave a straightforward and honest account of his findings while investigating what happened in Douma. The veteran reporter, Uli Gack, interviewed multiple eyewitnesses of the April 7 alleged chemical attack and concluded of the testimonials, "the Douma chemical attack is most likely staged, a great many people here seem very convinced."
It appears that all local Syrians encountered by the German public broadcast reporter were immediately dismissive of the widespread allegation that the Syrian government gassed civilians, which the US, UK, France, and Israel used a pretext for launching missile strikes on Damascus.'

ZDF heute: The world continues to puzzle over whether the banned chemical weapons were used in Douma. ZDF correspondent Uli Gack is in Syria for us: "you were in a large refugee camp today and talked to a lot of people - what did you hear about the attack there?" Gack responded, "the Douma chemical attack is most likely staged, a great many people here seem very convinced."
The German ZDF report is consistent with veteran British journalist Robert Fisk's investigation upon being the first Western journalist to gain access to the site in Douma. Fisk reported early this week, "There are the many people I talked to amid the ruins of the town who said they had 'never believed in' gas stories–which were usually put about, they claimed, by the armed Islamist groups."

Germany's Largest Public TV News Broadcaster: Syria Chemical Attack "Most Likely Staged"

The report is only in Boxhead at the moment but will be available subtitled in English over the next few days that's for sure.

I'm going to ignore valid criticism and respond with Bold, red and italicised full copy and paste in a classic "Look a pigeon" response because this thread is really all about me
We know champ.

Meanwhile...

From that general thread this is an interesting graphic.

Whoops, they're not having much luck are they?
Investigative journalists must all either be working for the Motherland or actually fulfilling their job-title.

'A senior correspondent for German state media broadcast ZDF heute stunned his European audience during a report from on the ground in Syria when he gave a straightforward and honest account of his findings while investigating what happened in Douma. The veteran reporter, Uli Gack, interviewed multiple eyewitnesses of the April 7 alleged chemical attack and concluded of the testimonials, "the Douma chemical attack is most likely staged, a great many people here seem very convinced."
It appears that all local Syrians encountered by the German public broadcast reporter were immediately dismissive of the widespread allegation that the Syrian government gassed civilians, which the US, UK, France, and Israel used a pretext for launching missile strikes on Damascus.'

ZDF heute: The world continues to puzzle over whether the banned chemical weapons were used in Douma. ZDF correspondent Uli Gack is in Syria for us: "you were in a large refugee camp today and talked to a lot of people - what did you hear about the attack there?" Gack responded, "the Douma chemical attack is most likely staged, a great many people here seem very convinced."
The German ZDF report is consistent with veteran British journalist Robert Fisk's investigation upon being the first Western journalist to gain access to the site in Douma. Fisk reported early this week, "There are the many people I talked to amid the ruins of the town who said they had 'never believed in' gas stories–which were usually put about, they claimed, by the armed Islamist groups."

The report is only in Boxhead at the moment but will be available subtitled in English over the next few days that's for sure.

Zero Hedge? Really?

In other news, state broadcaster repeats information given to him by people who say they are witnesses.

I note the stories have gone from ‘no CW use’, to ‘staged CW use’ and now ‘false flag’. Pity there isn’t an Investigative mechanism for apportioning blame. What happened to that unanimously appointed independent panel?

Deflect, deny, discount,?

You're struggling with the notion that you've been had again, aren't you?
Poor lamb.
The irony is doubleplusgood

Deflect, deny, discount,?

You're struggling with the notion that you've been had again, aren't you?
Poor lamb.
You're struggling with reality.
Any refutation that you have is welcome. <snigger>
Please contact @conspirator0 on twitter and correct him.
You follow ian56 don't you?

You're struggling with reality.
Any refutation that you have is welcome. <snigger>
Please contact @conspirator0 on twitter and correct him.
You follow ian56 don't you?
Great distraction and deflection...
Whatever will you think of next<snigger, snigger>?

Ever wonder whyl investigative journalists actually on the ground aren't telling you what you want to hear?
Ever wonder why the ex-DSF and the ex-First Sea Lord, numerous MPs and a large % of the public also aren't buying it?
Why could that possibly be?
Here's a nice little Sky report ('cos they're well gen) to calm your nerves:
Sky Views: The truth - what really happened in Douma?

And here's a Russian 'propaganda' piece to get you all worked up again:

Ever wonder whyl investigative journalists actually on the ground aren't telling you what you want to hear?
Ever wonder why the ex-DSF and the ex-First Sea Lord, numerous MPs and a large % of the public also aren't buying it?

There's only one person displaying any signs of hysteria here. You need to post more with your other account BTW.

Serious question: what do you think about Syria? Can you explain without recourse to memes and videos?

Serious question: what do you think about Syria? Can you explain without recourse to memes and videos?
I think it's all been fixed, initially because the Russian/Iran pipeline got FO'd by Assad and now....I'm not sure.
When you look at the ME there no other players left that haven't acquiesced totally to the west and Syria is the last one to fall.
You have to remember that Assad was 'our boy' back in '08.
Then it all went downhill rapidly for him.
Excuse the video, you've seen it before, but I think iit explains perfectly what it was all about at the start.
A picture paints a thousand words and a video pants a million.

Syria intervention plans fuelled by oil interests, not chemical weapon concerns | Nafeez Ahmed

Now at the moment maybe it's just US/UK/Frog bull-headedness or maybe it's something about having the whole area sanitised and acquiescing to the west.

Syria is Ru's only ally in the area and they mutually support each other.
They both need each other against the western-backed and funded militias that have been created out of thin air back right at the start.
Civil war it's not.
To be civil war the OPFOR need to be Syrian in the first place and from all accounts the Syrian locals support Al Assad over the western-backed jihadis.

I have no idea what goes on behind the official-lines of information but none of this sits straight.

This isn't Iraq 2003.

None of this sits straight with me.

I think it's all been fixed, initially because the Russian/Iran pipeline got FO'd by Assad and now....I'm not sure.
When you look at the ME there no other players left that haven't acquiesced totally to the west and Syria is the last one to fall.
You have to remember that Assad was 'our boy' back in '08.
Then it all went downhill rapidly for him.
Excuse the video, you've seen it before, but I think iit explains perfectly what it was all about at the start.
A picture paints a thousand words and a video pants a million.

Syria intervention plans fuelled by oil interests, not chemical weapon concerns | Nafeez Ahmed

Now at the moment maybe it's just US/UK/Frog bull-headedness or maybe it's something about having the whole area sanitised and acquiescing to the west.

Syria is Ru's only ally in the area and they mutually support each other.
They both need each other against the western-backed and funded militias that have been created out of thin air back right at the start.
Civil war it's not.
To be civil war the OPFOR need to be Syrian in the first place and from all accounts the Syrian locals support Al Assad over the western-backed jihadis.

I have no idea what goes on behind the official-lines of information but none of this sits straight.

This isn't Iraq 2003.

None of this sits straight with me.
I agree with much of what you say there. I just think it comes over better when you explain your own position rather than replying on videos, etc.
While we all know about the reality of politics, the West appearing to tolerate the KSA actions in Yemen whole condemning Assad (probably correctly) is hard to justify.