Syria

He's been around doing this forever.
He did Beirut back in the good old days, Bosnia, Kosovo, Algeria, Iran-Iraq, Pakistan,Afghan, Iraq again and now Syria.
If he had any doubts ref the veracity of information he would have voiced his opinions in the article.
This old dog is nobody's fool.
A fair point. I think he's sympathetic to the idea of a secular Syria but I can't object to your reply.

Bullsh1t
Got any actual evidence that the OPCW team are all British or even that any of them are British.
No of course you haven’t now go away you sad little muppet.
Well, yer Ma seems to like me. She said I was far less boring in bed than you.:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

MsG
Very, weak effort.Was that really all you have?
It’s always satisfying when the grand old British strategy of giving a fool enough rope to hang himself pays off

It certainly is bizarre, whatever's actually going on.

Robert Fisk? He's been around and got all the t-shirts.
Robert Fisk - Wikipedia

Out of the 3 posts all you could concentrate on was the one thing and that wasn't till RedHandler did the maths for you?

How does this read to you although....
You'll have to wait till someone else does the thinking for you then you can reply on the back of his/her/it's coat-tails.

'The British delegation to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) said on Tuesday that inspectors were in Damascus but still unable to visit the site where more than 70 people were killed by a suspected regime chemical attack.

“OPCW arrived in Damascus on Saturday. Russia & Syria have not yet allowed access to Douma. Unfettered access essential. Russia & Syria must cooperate,” the UK delegation said in a tweet.'

UK accuses Russia and Syria of blocking chemical inspectors from visiting Douma

It read to me as though the delegation was the team and they were all from UK.

The main OPCW page doesn't really mention any delays in Douma OPCW (@OPCW) | Twitter but the UK variety isn't shutting up about it UK Delegation OPCW (@UK_OPCW) | Twitter
I could easily be wrong as the passage of int is sketchy here most times no matter how hard one tries to track down the truth.

If there was anyone else apart from the UK this could have gone differently.
I really think that all the UK delegate has done is point out that there is a delay to access. OPCW documents highlight that speed of access to sites of alleged attacks is important. As @lastwalt says, if the area is safe for reporters...?

Last edited:
It’s certainly very curious that the Syrian and Russian authorities are happy to allow journalists to be shepherded around, with access to Doctors who have an opinion, but who weren’t actually eye witnesses themselves and yet there are “pending security issues”preventing the OPCW Fact Finding Mission from entering the area.

Isn’t Peter Fisk British?

Robert Fisk - Wikipedia

Bullsh1t
Got any actual evidence that the OPCW team are all British or even that any of them are British.
No of course you haven’t now go away you sad little muppet.
Out of the 3 posts all you could concentrate on was the one thing and that wasn't till RedHandler did the maths for you?

You'll have to wait till someone else does the thinking for you then you can reply on the back of his/her/it's coat-tails.

'The British delegation to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) said on Tuesday that inspectors were in Damascus but still unable to visit the site where more than 70 people were killed by a suspected regime chemical attack.

“OPCW arrived in Damascus on Saturday. Russia & Syria have not yet allowed access to Douma. Unfettered access essential. Russia & Syria must cooperate,” the UK delegation said in a tweet.'

The main OPCW page doesn't really mention any delays in Douma OPCW (@OPCW) | Twitter but the UK variety isn't shutting up about it UK Delegation OPCW (@UK_OPCW) | Twitter
I could easily be wrong as the passage of int is sketchy here most times no matter how hard one tries to track down the truth.

@118 why waste time repeating stuff already said by someone else?
It’s an approach you could benefit from especially when it comes to you repeating Russian lies ad nauseam.

How’ that cognitive dissonance working out for you Comrade?

On ROPS
On ROPs
A fair point. I think he's sympathetic to the idea of a secular Syria but I can't object to your reply.
A lot of high-ups are also voicing their concerns at the censorship that's been perpetuated on the airwaves about this whole Syria mess, in particular the recent event in Douma.

It was very bizarre that US/UK/Frogs decided to bomb Syria the day before the OPCW team, that had already been invited in by Syria, were due to start their scout around.

After the UNSC voted not to condemn the recent attack on Syria, in-spite of there being no investigation in the lead up, I can see why Syria would be a bit unhappy and gutted that now they are expected to jump through hoops again.

Let's see what happens in the near.

A lot of high-ups are also voicing their concerns at the censorship that's been perpetuated on the airwaves about this whole Syria mess, in particular the recent event in Douma.

It was very bizarre that US/UK/Frogs decided to bomb Syria the day before the OPCW team, that had already been invited in by Syria, were due to start their scout around.

After the UNSC voted not to condemn the recent attack on Syria, in-spite of there being no investigation in the lead up, I can see why Syria would be a bit unhappy and gutted that now they are expected to jump through hoops again.

I don't believe there is censorship: Fisk's article is evidence that there is not. There is an acceptance of the UK line by the MSM but, even there, contrary opinions are expressed. At the same time, we can now source news from other states - Russia, Syria, etc and weigh up what we believe to be the truth.
(see @terminal very good post in this thread last evening, which did just that).
I agree that the airstrikes should have come after the OPCW visit and findings. There may be pressing reasons why they happened before the OPCW visit - to prevent a repeat attack, certainty on the part of the US, etc that the attack was genuine, etc). However, I have heard a few people ask the question you touch upon.

It may also have something to do with the fact it's a purely 9-man UK delegation for OPCW and not an independent delegation from OPCW.
UK Delegation OPCW (@UK_OPCW) | Twitter
OPCW inspectors 'not yet' allowed in Syria's Douma: UK delegation

I imagine that if it wasn't a solely UK delegation, considering who dropped stuff on Syria a few days ago, the Syrians would have stuck to what they said a week ago.
Syria Invites OPCW to Investigate Alleged Chemical Attack in Douma

Just as the US/UK/Frogs put in airstrikes just before the investigation began.....

Having a purely UK OPCW investigation comes over as being exactly the same as the UK not sharing int with the Russians ref Salisbury.

Many arrseholes also drummed the exact gov/coy line....

'A UK official said that Russia asking to be involved in the investigation of the Salisbury nerve agent attack is akin to an arsonist "investigating his own fire". '
Russia's asking to be involved in Salisbury probe like arsonist ‘investigating own fire', says UK ambassador

You can't expect to have it both ways unless you're with the good guys, apparently.

5 days after the non-evidenced CW attack ( fed from western-funded jihadis) and the day before the US/UK/frog strikes went in-

Edit for links
If ever proof of your (lack of a) thought process was needed.

You mean the British delegate from the OPCW team.

More accusations based on evidence and proof or more agitative propaganda, for which you just asked for?
Seem's your wish has just been granted.

Up to 400 Australian companies caught up in cyber attacks blamed on Russia

Key points:
  • Authorities say infected routers could be used for future attacks
  • No indication information in Australia was compromised, minister says
  • US, UK call on victims to report any infections found
  • No evidence of anything involving Russia or any other potential party

Turnbull government blames Russia after hack targets Australian organisations

"The current state of US network devices — coupled with a Russian government campaign(?)
(based on solid evidence) to exploit these devices — threatens the safety, security, and economic well-being of the United States," the alert said.

A few months ago DPRK were gettng blamed for exactly the same offences and defamed, also with no evidence or proof ever provided to substantate any claims.

. ‘North Korea is directly responsible’
North Korea behind WannaCry attack which crippled the NHS after stealing US cyber weapons, Microsoft chief claims

The more you repeat a falsehood the more it becomes true?

That's true agitative propaganda for you.
The liars in govt are busy creating the 'illusion of truth'.

And it does actually work.
How many of you totally believe, without question or evidence, everything from the hacking claims (above) to Skripal/Salisbury and Syria?

A majority % by the look of it.
But you think the following are conspiracies, therefore your ‘evidence’ is somewhat tainted:
Holocaust
9/11
Westminster Bridge
Manchester Arena
Parsons Green
Salisbury

Even more bizarre that the Russians delayed the inspection so they could cleanse the area most likely. Even more bizarre that you choose to laud the enemy and openly tie yourself to the axis of evil, whether that be Syria or North Korea etc.

I don't believe there is censorship: Fisk's article is evidence that there is not. There is an acceptance of the UK line by the MSM but, even there, contrary opinions are expressed. At the same time, we can now source news from other states - Russia, Syria, etc and weigh up what we believe to be the truth.
(see @terminal very good post in this thread last evening, which did just that).
I agree that the airstrikes should have come after the OPCW visit and findings. There may be pressing reasons why they happened before the OPCW visit - to prevent a repeat attack, certainty on the part of the US, etc that the attack was genuine, etc). However, I have heard a few people ask the question you touch upon.
The problem with strikes (if you agree with them) coming after any OPCW FFM for me are:
1. Any report will be months down the line. Who knows what will happen in the meantime, from more ‘alleged’ strikes, to movement of’alleged’ CW manufacture and storage etc.
2. OPCW can’t do the ‘who’ so we’re no further on with the denials and obfuscation.
3. Based on previous examples, Russia and Assad’s govt will deny the OPCW report if they find anything anyway.

There definitely needs to be a ‘who’ investigate and independent mechanism but somebody is stopping that.

As for ‘problems with visa’s’, OPCW have had teams in Syria on and off for years. They asked to go. They have teams ready much like some military do for such tasks. I can’t discount a ‘minor admin hiccup’ but it seems a tad too convenient.

That’s borderline sensible, apart from the ‘censorship’. Plenty of opposing views get aired. You often share them.

Why are there delays? Why is there no independent Investigative mechanism?

I really think that all the UK delegate has done is point out that there is a delay to access. OPCW documents highlight that speed of access to sites of alleged attacks is important. As @lastwalt says, if the area is safe for reporters...?
According to the CBC the Syrians and Russians were being asked to guaranty the safety of the OPCW team when present on the site. Reporters may be wandering about at their own risk.

Chemical weapons inspection in Syria delayed as Russia, U.S. trade barbs over airstrikes | CBC News
The UK ambassador said the delay was due to insufficient safety guarantees.
Britain's Ambassador Peter Wilson said at a news conference in The Hague that the United Nations had cleared the inspectors to go but they had been unable to reach Douma because Syria and Russia had been unable to guarantee their safety.
A British statement was issued which appeared to describe this situation as Russia and Syria preventing access and not cooperating.
"Unfettered access [is] essential," a British statement said. "Russia and Syria must co-operate."
There were no details as to exactly what the British diplomats were complaining about. There is no information on whether there was any attempt to work out detailed arrangements in advance or whether people just arrived and didn't like what was arranged in their absence and wanted it changed. Whatever the disagreement was, it appeared to be sorted out later the same day and arrangements were agreed upon for Wednesday.
But later Monday, speaking from The Hague, Russian Defence Ministry official Igor Kirillov said that experts from the OPCW will travel to Douma on Wednesday.
I'm not going to jump to any conclusions about whose "fault" it was or what changes in the security arrangements were finally agreed upon or whether this was just routine posturing at the diplomatic level while the people at the working level sorted out the details.

This story was originally posted here: https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/syria.161743/post-8525244

Robert Fisk - Wikipedia

Hmmm.... Press Releases

OPCW requested access on 10.04.2018. Today is a week later.

To the ‘alleged’ same area the Russians say they have inspected. To the same area reporters have been guided around. To the same area that ‘all ‘rebels’ and their followers have been bussed from’.

The OPCW FFM’s have been to Syria numerous times and know the process.

You like conspiracy theories. What do you make of that?

On ROPS
On ROPs
Thanks for your kind words.
That’s borderline sensible, apart from the ‘censorship’. Plenty of opposing views get aired. You often share them.
Yeah but this is the ex-DSF on mainstream news and I'm a happy nobody.
The anchor had people screaming in her earpiece 30secs in to that interview as he was going mega off-script.
That was 100% censorship.

Why are there delays? Why is there no independent Investigative mechanism?
I honestly have no idea.
Syria invited OPCW with open arms before the usual suspects dropped 103 devices on them.
That would piss off anyone.

At the moment according to the Syrians/Russians the UN is delaying.

BEIRUT – A senior Russian diplomat said on Monday that the mission from the international chemical weapons watchdog cannot access the site of an alleged chemical attack near the Syrian capital without an appropriate U.N. permit.
Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov’s remarks could indicate a possible attempt to bog down the team from the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, though both Russia and the Syrian government have welcomed the OPCW visit in the wake of the West’s airstrikes in Syria over the weekend.

Russia says U.N. delaying fact-finding mission visit in Syria | The Japan Times

At the moment according to ze Frogs...

A UN spokesman said the clearances have been given to the OPCW team.

“The United Nations has provided the necessary clearances for the OPCW team to go about its work in Douma. We have not denied the team any request for it to go to Douma,” said UN spokesman Stephane Dujarric.

On Monday evening, Russian officials told reporters that they expect a team of chemical weapons experts to arrive in Douma on Wednesday to probe the alleged attack.

Chemical weapons team kept from reaching alleged Syria attack site - France 24

Let's hope the OPCW team is getting a brief/ cross-referencing with Robert Fisk while they wait out.

Thanks for your kind words.
You're welcome
Yeah but this is the ex-DSF on mainstream news and I'm a happy nobody.
The anchor had people screaming in her earpiece 30secs in to that interview as he was going mega off-script.
That was 100% censorship.

I honestly have no idea.
Syria invited OPCW with open arms before the usual suspects dropped 103 devices on them.
That would piss off anyone.

At the moment according to the Syrians/Russians the UN is delaying.

BEIRUT – A senior Russian diplomat said on Monday that the mission from the international chemical weapons watchdog cannot access the site of an alleged chemical attack near the Syrian capital without an appropriate U.N. permit.
Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov’s remarks could indicate a possible attempt to bog down the team from the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, though both Russia and the Syrian government have welcomed the OPCW visit in the wake of the West’s airstrikes in Syria over the weekend.

Russia says U.N. delaying fact-finding mission visit in Syria | The Japan Times

At the moment according to ze Frogs...
You appeared to drift off into normality for a while. Nice to see you're back.

I don't suppose you have any evidence they were 'screaming into her earpiece'?

A UN spokesman said the clearances have been given to the OPCW team.
“The United Nations has provided the necessary clearances for the OPCW team to go about its work in Douma. We have not denied the team any request for it to go to Douma,” said UN spokesman Stephane Dujarric.

On Monday evening, Russian officials told reporters that they expect a team of chemical weapons experts to arrive in Douma on Wednesday to probe the alleged attack.

Chemical weapons team kept from reaching alleged Syria attack site - France 24
I hope the 'interests' of the 'affected parties' don't cloud their judgement. I mean, why would you delay something you believe is going to show no CW?

Let's hope the OPCW team is getting a brief/ cross-referencing with Robert Fisk while they wait out.
I hope they do the job they were created for under their mandate and interview witnesses (1st hand , not 3rd), take samples and come to the conclusion that is in their remit without outside interference from any party.

It does beggar belief they are not on site a week later. Almost as if it's a conspiracy ;)

On ROPS
On ROPs
It should make one wonder why Frump/Macron/May couldn't wait to make their little but noisy statement till after the OPCW investigation was completed.
Hitting the place the day before the Syrian-invited inspection reeks of kippers.
It'll all be DC'd in the next few years anyway, just like Wikileaks have jusr re-released their Saudi cables from 2015.
Interesting reading that some may enjoy taking a squizz at.

WikiLeaks Secret Cable: "Overthrow The Syrian Regime, But Play Nice With Russia"

WikiLeaks Just Leaked Secret Cables from Saudi Arabia
60,000 secret documents on Saudi Arabia's lavish spending have been released by Wikileaks

Millions of leaks down the line and they've never once been wrong.
They don't publish their opinions they publish leaked facts.

It should make one wonder why Frump/Macron/May couldn't wait to make their little but noisy statement till after the OPCW investigation was completed.
Hitting the place the day before the Syrian-invited inspection reeks of kippers.
It'll all be DC'd in the next few years anyway, just like Wikileaks have jusr re-released their Saudi cables from 2015.
Interesting reading that some may enjoy taking a squizz at.

WikiLeaks Secret Cable: "Overthrow The Syrian Regime, But Play Nice With Russia"

WikiLeaks Just Leaked Secret Cables from Saudi Arabia
60,000 secret documents on Saudi Arabia's lavish spending have been released by Wikileaks

Millions of leaks down the line and they've never once been wrong.
They don't publish their opinions they publish leaked facts.
What's even stranger is the delays. After all, if you want to 'prove' CW wasn't used, why delay the very people who can confirm your own investigation?

OPCW requested access on 10.04.2018.
OPCW arrive in country 13.04.2018
OPCW allowed to site (not yet there) 18.04.2018

This is to the same area reporters have been guided around. To the same area that ‘all ‘rebels’ and their followers have been bussed from’. The same area (albeit as I mentioned much earlier, they may be geographically challenged) the Russians have 'inspected'. I mean for Syria it appears to be quite normal: In Damascus's ravaged farm belt, Douma's residents jostle for loaves

The OPCW FFM’s have been to Syria numerous times and know the process. They have reported a great many times on CW use in Syria. They know the process.

Why the delay?

I hope the 'interests' of the 'affected parties' don't cloud their judgement. I mean, why would you delay something you believe is going to show no CW?
There is an official explanation. The territory in question has to be cleared from mines.
Af for the 'affected parties' then US/UK/French representative have apparent agenda. They wish investigation with predefined result.
As for the complaints for the delay then they are not serious. If (and it is a big IF) there are people died from CW then it is impossible to remove remains of CW from their bodies.
Compare
It is technically possible to plant some A234 to blood sample taken from ms.Skripal but it is impossible to remove (alleged) traces of BZ from her blood. 'Most likely' she is been hidden by British authorities to prevent independent, transparent analysis of her blood, taken somewhere in Swiss resort. I doubt that she prefers British military 'resort' to Swiss one.

There is an official explanation. The territory in question has to be cleared from mines.
Af for the 'affected parties' then US/UK/French representative have apparent agenda. They wish investigation with predefined result.
As for the complaints for the delay then they are not serious. If (and it is a big IF) there are people died from CW then it is impossible to remove remains of CW from their bodies.
Compare
It is technically possible to plant some A234 to blood sample taken from ms.Skripal but it is impossible to remove (alleged) traces of BZ from her blood. 'Most likely' she is been hidden by British authorities to prevent independent, transparent analysis of her blood, taken somewhere in Swiss resort. I doubt that she prefers British military 'resort' to Swiss one.
Your fairy stories get more bizarre by the day.