Syria (Again)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr_Fingerz, Apr 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Breaking on Auntie at the moment - Sarko's Foreign Minister thinks that the UN should approve military intervention if the current peace plan fails.

(Link to follow).

Sarko will probably lose the election in the next few weeks but, grandstanding aside, do the frogs have a point? And if they do, whose boots will be on the ground? (I don't think that this will be Libya MkII if it all goes breasts skywards.)
  2. My Giveafeckometer is still broken I'm afraid.
  3. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

In an ideal world: Russian acquiescence, Saudi money and Turkish boots plus NATO aircraft.

Don't think we've got the ducks in a row yet.
  4. You mean Cyprus will finally become that 'difficult' posting the RAF PR blokes keeps talkig about?
  5. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Well, Churchill did call it a stiletto pointing at the heart of the Ottoman Empire (or words to that effect).

Not sure if that was before or after Gallipoli. How apt for ANZAC Day, lest we forget.

6. Szŏszke says woof, woof!!

We may be crazy but we are not stupid – this latest grandstanding by Alain Marie Juppé is quite amusing – would probably turn up to the opening of an envelope if there was the slightest chance of a litre or so of Pedesclaux going free. Corrupt little grenouille should be pitied, probably drunk when he made the comment about 300 extra monitors. What we are seeing is the death throes of a presidency believe it or not, “Rubber Face” probably let the “Comeback Kid” lose in the hope of getting a second term – sorry isn’t going to happen. Syria is far too complex a problem for Juppé’s little brain, his ideas, as usual, are ill-conceived – Assad DOES NOT give a flying one - he will continue killing his people until the Russians decide to wash their hands of him