swynnerton

It does not adhere to any meteorologists predictions (weather blokes) It does what the feck it likes so take warm kit.
Oh yeah as stated before beware bunker nine.

Ah memories.
Going off thread slightly. I heard rumour of an underground hospital there. Am I just being analy retentive? Anyone shed any light on this?

Did an ex there a few weeks ago and caught no sight of a hospital, but I've also heard that one. Really eerie place though.

Looks like the set from a post-apocolyptic B-movie.

Spend as little time as possible inside: is constantly cold and the buildings are like fridges. last time i was there it was -2 outside and -5 inside so Enjoy!

Chalky said:
Did an ex there a few weeks ago and caught no sight of a hospital, but I've also heard that one. Really eerie place though.

Looks like the set from a post-apocolyptic B-movie.
Ill agree with that one.
Duty rumour spreader/mong reported that the entrance to it was at the bottom of a long flight of stairs south of the area if my memory serves correct. Probably a bunch of arrse.

home sweet home!

When we were last there, something went wrong with the sewage system and (literally) shit began to come out of the showers!!!

Of course I wasn't bothered since I was the main camp getting drunk :lol: :lol: but apparently the lot in the bunker didn't find it quite so amusing

I think the underground bunkers are bigger than the surface training area!

Mongoose said:

home sweet home!

When we were last there, something went wrong with the sewage system and (literally) s*** began to come out of the showers!!!

Of course I wasn't bothered since I was the main camp getting drunk :lol: :lol: but apparently the lot in the bunker didn't find it quite so amusing
That place looks f ucking awful. I'd rather sleep outside, don't care how cold or wet it is!

walt_of_the_walts said:
Mongoose said:

home sweet home!

When we were last there, something went wrong with the sewage system and (literally) s*** began to come out of the showers!!!

That place looks f ucking awful. I'd rather sleep outside, don't care how cold or wet it is!
It looked pretty good in December when everyone else was freezing to death outside! the curry we knocked up in the Kitchen went down well.

First time I was there my half of my company got food poisoning. Last time the food seemed to be better.

Its a cold damp shit hole with rats, I fecking hate the place. The worst part being the dozens of bunker strip lights are on auto sensors or something meaning that when someone gets up at 2am for a slash everyone gets woken up by bright lights. Do yourself a favour and stay at home.

Errie place, and i concur with the comment about looking like scence out of the apocolypse - buildings with graffiti half demolished the only sign of life being one of the numerous coke machines on the training area. As for in camp the food is shite and cooked by the inmates of the womens prison next door (HMP Drake Hall???) on day release.

the good points are that it is impossible to get lost.........

i was there a couple of years ago and seem to remember that the catering staff we had looked like they were on day release. this impression was strengthened when a cadet wondered into the messhall to the vending machines on the second night and caught an eyeful of the male caterers cracking one out to a bit of second-rate german grot.

horrible place, but the assault course is a laugh, if a bit easy and unchallenging.

EDIT: i hadn't read whitenoisebabies post when i wrote this. take heed.

Sir_Dae said:
EDIT: i hadn't read whitenoisebabies post when i wrote this. take heed.
I thought someone was sh*tting me when they told me this then i saw the minibus arriving complete with prison guards to collect them after a shift, rumour had it that a few years ago two of them were offering their "services" in there fag breaks for £20 a go.

Also the male "chefs" are specially selected to be the grubbiest bastards going, everytime i eat in that cook house i get the shats something chronic. On a lighter note i managed to get pissed and naked in the fountain to the left of the gate as you go in.

p.s. if you ask at the gate they will give you the menu for the local pizza place which delivers.