• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Swynnerton last weekend

Does anyone have any pics/video?

Why what happened? I was there the weekend before in the "UN Base"- that building is like a fcuking 'Fridge

Just a weekend exercise, but lots of people were running round with cameras, was looking for pics for the Coy scrapbook

UN Compound place, big building tin roof. Gate and guard box on it that looks like it's been shot a few times (hopefully mocked). Didn't think it was too bad myself but it was summer time when last there.

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
Ha, the two times i've gone on ex there (rather than weekend training) it's either snowed, then rained - or blizzarded! Great training...!

brettarider said:
tothepubandbeyond said:
Why what happened? I was there the weekend before in the "UN Base"- that building is like a fcuking 'Fridge
Which one every building on that camp is a fecking fridge!
North West of the area- marked on maps as U.N. base :wink:
The other buildings aren't too bad, but theres something in paticular about that one....

Emkay said:
Swynnerton is a fun training area, but it is clay based and clay is a fatherless to get off your combats!

Are you fcuking deluded or what! it's full of Bramble bushes which is a cnut and I really wouldnt want to go digging round there! BTW the indoor NI range is ace

I thought most of the buildings - includking the NI range where condemned about 7 years ago due to concrete cancer. NI range was good - especially if you count your rounds and know that you must put two in each target :)

We have been working there for a while now demolishing various unsafe buildings etc. Putting in roads/paths on the training area and excavating other areas within the camp. I hope the buildings being used are the ones which are deemed "safe" as some of them don't take much force to knock them down and some even want to take themselves down 8O

ZXR

Ah, the UN base. I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned the massive refridgeration plant that is attached to the building. They only turn it on at night, and it sounds just like a noisy snoring b-strd.

There's a cookhouse?!?!?! I know of a lot of trees, muddy pits, random buildings and tactical portaloos but have never got to see the cook house.

Feel like I've missed out.

jarrod248 said:
CutLunchCommando said:
jarrod248 said:
I remember my signals cadre at Swynnerton - must have been 15 years ago at least. I remember it was very wet and oh what fun we had laying line through the water.
I do remember getting up a load of officer cadets complete with facepaint on in the middle of the night for a beasting.
Was it you that stood on the girl?
A girl on the course? We had a number of them named the seven dwarfs because there was seven of them. I remember a number of us had to carry them in the water.
I don't remember standing on any of them nor the Officer cadets.
Ah were they your own Officer Cadets then? The incident I'm talking about involved a recce patrol of Birmingham UOTC O/Cdts (including myself and the aforementioned Doris) and a crowd of some other TA (I presume) who were doing a night orienteering excercise.

We'd halted in a herringbone pattern for the FRV ISTR on the track bed somewhere between the lake and the freight yard or whatever it is outside the perimiter and were duly engaged in silently kicking each other in the legs to make sure we were all there. At this point a party of the other crowd, who were non-tactical, came up the path looking for their check-point. Our Patrol Commander, who otherwise seemed a very good natured chap, jumps up and tells the to clear off. They umm and err a bit but since he was an proper hofficer with pips and everything they eventually comply.

They go back up to wherever they came from and after a short while return with an NCO who, fairly predictably, is fuming and can be heard growling about the interference with his NAVEX and what he's going to do to whoever is interfering with it. We are still lying in the same spot using BCH to send morse messages to each other and he clocks us as he walks up but doesnt have enough light to determine anything other than a general shape. He marches up, and steps on the tail end charlie (the doris), just below the kidneys. Predictably she makes a noise like a girl who has just had a squaddie step on her. He goes "Fcuking Hell! It's a girl!" and flips from righteous fury to being totally apologetic ("Are you all right Ma'am?"). As I recall she wasn't injured and a a sort of immediate understanding that neither side would pursue it any further ensued.

They dissapeared back up the track and our boss decided we should move off, which was quite difficult for me as it meant I had to try and get up and behave in a co-ordinated fashion instead of lying there trying to stifle my unsympathetic laughter.