Swore my oath!

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by tangl1, Aug 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Finally after trying to get in since july 06 (held back cos of athsma) i have now swore my oath and am off to basic 2 weeks 2day! =D Think i got everything i neeed so excited though, anyone joinin end of august? i'm off to pirbright then to larkhill as i'm gonna be a gunner then do sum sneaky beaky sh*t with sum UAVs!

2. Congratulations & good luck!

Since I made the decision to join, it will most likely be 2 years before I get where I want to be.

3. Nice one tangl1!!!! good luck with basic and let us all know how you get on (if you have time ;) )

4. Congrats on that. I hope you had a memorable day. Best of luck for the future.

5. Cheers all! will try n get on here as much as i can tell u how its goin, will be tough but well worth it in the end :) my aim is to try n do helicopter training after 4 years or so and failing that maybe applying for special observer anyone know what either are like first hand or second? i always looked toward the sas but thts way too far ahead to think about and i know special observers give quite an insight into what it would be like. but atm i am jus a nieve civvy wantin his glory ^^

6. i start september the 7th also doin uav

7. nice! only a week behind me! you got an msn mate?

8. i sent u private message

9. Good luck mate some of my best memories are of pirbright and larkhill :D

nice one fella :)

10. Well done mate, got mine tomorow, cannot wait!!

11. i did my oath on 17th aug i start on 31 aug in pirbright

12. I swore my oath today, thats it now no turning back :) only 4 days til i start pirbright on monday :D

13. Likewise, just did mine... except i have to wait another month before i start training :cry:

14. Congrats mate, at least have a bit more time to let it sink in. It still hasnt snapped to me that in 4 days ill be slipping on my green kit and getting very muddy lol :D

15. Good luck mate. The drill square is fcukin massive, I remember my troop sergeant shouting "Baker, if you don't shut your mouth i'll come over there and shove my c*ck in it"
    Great memories.