Swordman fit and well ?

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Border_Reiver, Feb 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Last year I followed a fascinating and moving series of posts written by “ swordman “ who was in the RE during WW2 .

See link

http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=46796/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=0.html

For some reason the thread crossed my mind today and when I checked his last post , which seemed particularly poignant , it was dated 24 Dec 2009 .

Anyone know if this old gentleman of The Corps is still fit and well …. he truly ranks the additional title of “ Old and Bold “ .

2. 'Brian' (Swordman) most certainly is alive and well, we sent him a complimentary copy of "Pull Up a Sandbag" last week... :)

I for one am hoping a Publisher offers to publish his story, it has been fascinating reading his Thread!

3. Thank you for a prompt response .... and I am delighted at its content ...it just seemed a long time from his last post .

4. Regret that ... I should have slightly modified the title to indicate I was asking after him .

5. Same here, Jarrod. When I saw the thread title, my first thought was: "Oh, no!". Anyway, it's good to know that Swordman is still alive and kicking. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

MsG

6. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

yeah they do, remember he was a young man just as the guys on Herric are.

Glad though that this isnt a rip thread, He is a very interesting character.

7. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

I just rang his mobile and it went to answering machine, he is probably having an afternoon nap like my old man does :D

8. No, I expect he is galivanting around his neighbourhood causing havoc, just like any elder Sapper should. :D

9. plenty of life left in that old sapper yet B_R.

10. My rooter developed a fault shortly after I posted the thread .

Let me say again my apologies for the way I titled this thread and any concern it may have caused about such a fine old gentleman .

As all of you are much longer serving ARRSE members than I am can you help ....when such a mistake is made is there any way the thread title can be changed ?

Edit .... some replaced by all

11. Thanks and done .