• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Swordman fit and well ?

Last year I followed a fascinating and moving series of posts written by “ swordman “ who was in the RE during WW2 .

See link

http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=46796/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=0.html

For some reason the thread crossed my mind today and when I checked his last post , which seemed particularly poignant , it was dated 24 Dec 2009 .

Anyone know if this old gentleman of The Corps is still fit and well …. he truly ranks the additional title of “ Old and Bold “ .

'Brian' (Swordman) most certainly is alive and well, we sent him a complimentary copy of "Pull Up a Sandbag" last week... :)

I for one am hoping a Publisher offers to publish his story, it has been fascinating reading his Thread!

Gundulph said:
'Brian' (Swordman) most certainly is alive and well, we sent him a complimentary copy of "Pull Up a Sandbag" last week... :)

I for one am hoping a Publisher offers to publish his story, it has been fascinating reading his Thread!
Thank you for a prompt response .... and I am delighted at its content ...it just seemed a long time from his last post .

jarrod248 said:
Fcuk you gave me a right fright posting that - thought was going to be an RIP thread!
Regret that ... I should have slightly modified the title to indicate I was asking after him .

jarrod248 said:
Fcuk you gave me a right fright posting that - thought was going to be an RIP thread!
Same here, Jarrod. When I saw the thread title, my first thought was: "Oh, no!". Anyway, it's good to know that Swordman is still alive and kicking. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

MsG

BiscuitsAB

LE
Bugsy said:
jarrod248 said:
Same here, Jarrod. When I saw the thread title, my first thought was: "Oh, no!". Anyway, it's good to know that Swordman is still alive and kicking. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

MsG
yeah they do, remember he was a young man just as the guys on Herric are.

Glad though that this isnt a rip thread, He is a very interesting character.

Spanish_Dave said:
I just rang his mobile and it went to answering machine, he is probably having an afternoon nap like my old man does :D
No, I expect he is galivanting around his neighbourhood causing havoc, just like any elder Sapper should. :D

plenty of life left in that old sapper yet B_R.

My rooter developed a fault shortly after I posted the thread .

Let me say again my apologies for the way I titled this thread and any concern it may have caused about such a fine old gentleman .

As all of you are much longer serving ARRSE members than I am can you help ....when such a mistake is made is there any way the thread title can be changed ?

Edit .... some replaced by all

jarrod248 said:
Border_Reiver said:
My rooter developed a fault shortly after I posted the thread .

Let me say again my apologies for the way I titled this thread and any concern it may have caused about such a fine old gentleman .

As some of you are much longer serving ARRSE members than I am can you help ....when such a mistake is made is there any way the thread title can be changed ?
You can edit your original post - many thanks.
Thanks and done .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Offendi The NAAFI Bar 32
Auld-Yin Competitions 23
Auld-Yin Book Reviews 3