Sword of Honour

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by shaka, Dec 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Omigosh - there's a surprise. :roll:

Edited to add

Is he in good company?

2. Lets hope he doesn't win it: in my experience pretty much all 'Blades' fail to live up to the expctations put on them and most leave after a few years. I liked the fact that the only recent Blade Runner that the ST could come up with was that upstanding officer Tim Spicer!

3. msr

msr LE

I can't see him doing a full career anyway...

msr

4. After misplacing 'ones' personal weapon, how on earth has he been shortlisted?!!! admittedly it can happen to anyone and who actually knows, maybe the sprog that took it did it deliberately to mar the young Prince, still no excuses as it should have been glued to him!!!

Gundulph

5. Did any one honestly expect anything different ??
    Daddy and Granny have put the word in , either he gets it or your career is finished
    Usual crap where the Windsor sprongs are concerned

6. "Let me show you the Sword of Honour I've just won! Hold on, I know it's around here somewhere".

7. [align=center] :king: :highfive: :D [/align]

8. Oh come off it. If that were the case then why wasn't Harry in the running for it too? Perhaps cause he is ginger?

Assuming the story is true perhaps he has just earn't it on his own merit. Either way he is two weeks from finishing a reasonably tough course when he could have just done the international playboy thing if he had wanted to so well done him.

Tricam.

9. . . . err . . . perhaps because he's (a) dim and (b) not due to be the head of state, and (c) it would really look like a 'fix', perhaps . . . . :?

10. Well I'm sticking to my ginger theory.

Well done him if there is any truth in the story.

Tricam

11. Little difficult to fudge scores/results etc under the eyes of a cynical press corps. Just give the guy his props and be glad he shows potential as a soldier and a leader.

12. The staff at Sandhurst wouldn't give it to him if he didn't deserve it. These are some of the most switched-on soldiers in the Army, not weak arrse-licking fools. From all accounts he has been doing very well, apart from the weapon incident which has been mentioned, which sounds likely to have been some w4nker stitching him up.

If he gets it, good on him.

13. Don't get me wrong, i've heard good things about him. He must have inherited some of his Grandads command and control qualities.

HOWEVER: If, after losing a weapon (which is what the facts on paper are) he wins the Sword of Honour over O/CDT Bloggs who has a clean record, theres something not right.

Its obvious that he deserves to be a Bladerunner, but if the weapon incident isn't a stitch up then he doesn't deserve to win it. Simple.

14. Wot!

Brigade of Paramilitary Wing of the Tourist Board - o - sorryGuards!

Switched on to - what - exactly? Pace sticks? Ponies? Polo? :roll: :roll: