Switching Windows Briefcase Target

I've Googled this but can't find any answers.

Problem - I used the Windows briefcase to back up my documents from PC to external hard drive.

The hard drive has died, so I want to synch my PC briefcase with one on my laptop, but it keeps looking for the hard-drive, which obviously it can't 'see' bcaseu it ain't there.

Is there a way to re-target the briefcase so it syncs with the one on the laptop, or will I have to create new ones?

I've Googled this but can't find any answers.

Problem - I used the Windows briefcase to back up my documents from PC to external hard drive.

The hard drive has died, so I want to synch my PC briefcase with one on my laptop, but it keeps looking for the hard-drive, which obviously it can't 'see' bcaseu it ain't there.

Is there a way to re-target the briefcase so it syncs with the one on the laptop, or will I have to create new ones?
Which OS are you using? There are some differences but as memory serves, you make a new one. Not something I've had much to do with for a very long time

64-bit Windows 7 on both PC and laptop.
OK. Just done the "refresher" - too long working with domains and details for this stuff gets lost.

Just make a new briefcase, but it sounds like sync centre maybe a better option for you if you are synching docs on 2 machines

OK. Just done the "refresher" - too long working with domains and details for this stuff gets lost.

Just make a new briefcase, but it sounds like sync centre maybe a better option for you if you are synching docs on 2 machines
I'd never heard of it before you mentioned it, and a quick Google looks as though that might be the answer - thank you. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
carlbcfc Gaming and Software 0
D Seniors 24
D Infantry 38