Swiss Red Dawn- Der totale Widerstand: Eine Kleinkriegsanleitung für Jedermann

alib

LE
On War Is Boring The Swiss Manual on Guerrilla Warfare Advises Hiding in Atomic Ruins
Unofficial guide taught how to resist a Soviet invasion
For a lot of reasons, the Swiss military never officially adopted the manual. The 173-page guide begins with the assumption that the Swiss army no longer exists as a cohesive fighting force in the aftermath of an invasion.

Yet the book was arguably more influential outside the country. German left-wing terrorists studied it during the Red Army Faction’s heydays during the 1970s and 1980s.

The German Federal Department for Media Harmful to Young Persons banned the book—only putting it up for review in 2013.

Total Resistance is still a terrorist’s guide in Germany. Tino Brandt, the neo-Nazi leader of the Thuringia Homeland Defense Group possessed several copies of the book. Brandt is now in custody and charged with 157 counts of aggravated child sexual abuse.
Not one I've read, more here and on the P26 secret army. There's the stuff of a very strange action movie remake or a dark Swiss Cold War sitcom here.

Back in the day I recall some badly copied CIA manuals on counter insurgency being passed about with the Conan books. Maoist theory was wildly read by Chuckies. Now Takfiri are up to their ears in it.

I find it a little amusing that the German comrades turned to a passed over Bernese Major and member of the Salvation Army for advice on urban terrorism. I wonder if Abu Bakr al Baghdadi has nodded off into his Horlicks over this one?