Swiss nationalist deportation plan condemned

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by armchair_jihad, Aug 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In full

http://www.guardian.co.uk/farright/story/0,,2160047,00.html

Seems fair enough, it does not deserve the usual left wing "nazi' smears

2. Quite agree, seems only fair that if you break the laws of your adopted country they should be allowed to throw you and your family out. Its only this Country that rewards such people with more benefits, bigger houses etc...

3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Accepted but a little difficult to make statements like this in todays society and not expect to get flack.

I'll be interested to see if it works though........

4. Switzerland gives me the fcuking creeps for some reason.

That being said...I suppose wherever the measure comes from, it would encourage parents to wake up to what their kids are doing.

5. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Agreed: 500 years of smugly using their neutrality to turn a profit... mind you, I'm a big fan of Toblerone.

6. And their gun ownership laws are something else...

7. Yeah they know how to enjoy a good party - not. They would have bored any invader to death :twisted:

8. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

You need to go to the midwinter festival in Basel my friend.

72 hours of music and booze and not a tourist in sight. They are dour for 362 days of the year but they make up for it with the other 3 days.

9. MIB - as you can see from my location I am roughly in said area - when does it start? Never let it be said I can't take advice from my betters :D

10. Actually i lived in switzerland for a couple of years and loved it. Alot of their laws are spot on and they are not afraid to get stuck in to issues like this. They have a referendum on every important issue and only native swiss are allowed to vote. They give out work permits to migrants but are sparing with handing out passports even if you marry a swiss chick.
    Its about the closest any county comes to genuine democracy, but also they do handle the welfare pretty well too. There unemployment payments are like 70% of the salary of your last job for up to 2 years, but because they have a pretty good work ethic unlike most of our dole scroungers they do actually look for a job.

But on the social side they lay on a good bash too. I was most suprised 'cos i had bought into the swiss are dull myth too. But they organise loads of free street parties and music festivals all through the summer. Not grimy somme re-enactments like glastonbur, but well organised affairs with great food, good acts, and proper facilities. Defo worth a weekend trip to Paleo or the Fete de Geneve.
    They have a pretty big reserve force of about 400k i think, and although most of them need a haircut they do take it seriously and are pretty good shots. They all keep their rifles and ammo at home. Can you imagine in the UK? The pawn shops would be full of rifles within hours...

But anyway, in short I think we could learn alot from the swiss about how to run a country. Blair and Brown would never have been able to get away with half the crap they have pulled over the last decade. I reckon i'll move back there eventually, if only for the weekend skiing.

11. :D Why not its their country :D Willy Wonker for King :D

12. Well im for it bring it over here aswell while your at it !

13. Good luck to them....the benefits of not being an EU member..you can make your own laws.

Typical Grauniad response..they hate democracy when it isn't used in accordance with the liberal left agenda.

14. Legal eagle, I cannot believe you, as a law student, support this propsed measure.

It is unfair and draconian and the stench of populist reactionary legislation permeates the measure.

How can anyone ever seriously contemplate deport whole families due to the action of one person?

It goes against every measure of decency and fairplay.

15. I agree, should not be done...waste of time and money...shoot them instead and then use their bodies (suitably minced) as food aid for africa.