Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swiss Gold Francs, made from looted Nazi dental gold.

modwatchdog said:
I recently watched a documentary, about Nazi gold. During it there was a short piece on Swiss gold francs, being made from gold teeth. They had this dental expert, would confirmed that there is a very high mercury level in Swiss gold francs, higher than in any other gold coin, which would suggest the use of dental gold, to mint them.

I've a couple of those back at my parents' house.

Do we think they'll be going up or down in value?

It's a bit of a worrying idea; when I was a child I apparently used to chew them.

bigjarofwasps

Old-Salt
I knew there was some sort of process to do with trace elements. It is a process called gold fingerprinting and it was developed at Curtin University in Western Australia to trace stolen gold back to its original mine. The technology works by identifying the unique signature of each piece of gold, similar to human DNA.

If you want to check it out for yourselves, just do a search using the term gold fingerprinting. There are various methods, Curtin Uni's method is only one of many.

As far as mercury is concerned, it is used to extract gold. This process was used in extracting gold prior to Western society realising how toxic mercury was to the enviroment. It would also be safe to say that any old gold that the Swiss may have have been extracted using the mercury method, thus the content would be higher than gold mined post-war. The method is still used in third world countires, mainly South America and Africa. This is known as the mercury amalgamation method, and is/was also used for extraction of silver.

Attachments

• ff_1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 394

bigjarofwasps

Old-Salt
yes interesting. But it would have to be the pre 1947 20 frank coins, because after the war the finger of guilt was being pointed at them wo the swiss would be on their guard. But they were accused of producing gold coins and bars from german gold they recieved in payment german trade during the war and backdating the coins and bars to mix them in. I suppose we need to know what the gold in the Reichsbank was made up of. It could be the swiss frank. This coin was not officially produced every year, but of the years it was produced, the numbers issued varied in a way which may support what you say. Hence in 1926 they only produced 50,000 of these coins. The next year off issue was 1927 and over 5 million were produced. Then the next year they were produced was 1930 and 3,327,000 were officially produced, then the next year they were officially produced was 1935 and 20,009,000 coins were officialy produced. That 20 million is just too many to be produced in one year. In all probablity they created most of them during the war. The 20 swiss franc wase not produced again until 1947 when they done a 1947 then a 1949 then they ended all production. I dont know how many 1935 coins they acutally officially say were created in 1935. It could be that they officially continued to create them after 1935. This policy is not unusual in the germanic area. Just look at the Austrian 4 ducat coin of 1915, and the 100 corona among many which officially continued in production many years after their officail date. I dont disagree with you

Attachments

• 1935sfrm.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 373

bigjarofwasps

Old-Salt
Have a look at 180078635620. This seller has got the idea. He realises his 1935 coin is not from 1935. Hence he dates it later. In all probablity most of the 1935 coins are the nazi looted gold. That is why there is such vast quanties of that year coin compared to the previous years. The nazis needed this foreign currency because the internatiohnal banking system was giving them difficulties if they used german stamped gold or coins. Hence the 100 Corona or the Ducat was a blacked coin on the world currency exchange. Hence swiss ones would do the trick. :headbang:

http://www.cruzis-coins.com/Gold/1935.html