Swine Flu Vs Man Flu

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by spent_case, Jul 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well half the peeps at work have it. My Uncle Wayne just got diagnosed with it...

Is it the end of days, or is Man Flu still the number one contender? Can Lemsips stem the flow, or are we doomed.
  2. WTF is 'Man Flu'?

Do you mean the fallacy that some women persist in trying to spread that males exaggerate an illness for whatever reason?

It's not like a female has ever exaggerated anything is it?

Is "Uncle Wayne" likely to pass his illness on to you whilst fiddling with you under the bedclothes? I can but hope.........
  3. Copious amounts of stella always defeats the flu virus for me!!!! hic
  4. Media fear-mongering.'Keep 'em angry, keep 'em scared, keep 'em stupid'

The meeja here in Oz is being particularly shrill and insistent about it, prating incessantly about 'public hysteria' (which is conspicuous by its absence), 'global pandemic' (it's actually no worse than any other annual flu, and far less lethal than the 1919 Spanish Flu) and 'WHO crisis warnings' (which don't amount to a c*ntful of cold water).

Can I say c*ntful?
  5. I have built up such a level of alcohol in my blood that any virus would fail to live in it & in the unlikely event it does, it'll be so pissed up that'll wanna pop down to my lower intestine to get a keebab.
  6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Man flu is a deadly enough thing as it is. I can't even begin to imagine what pigs go through.
  7. Am still awaiting the first confirmation of "Man Flu" as an actual cause of death....

Reckon I'll be waiting for a while yet.

*legs it out of thread*
  8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Well, us men are starting to keel over now - and it's not pig flu, I can assure you! In those immortal, carved words: "I told you I was ill!"
  9. Fiddling is for girls. Real men play the Guitar.
  10. Swine flu is for girls.

Man flu pandemics come round every 4 years and put millions of men on their arrses. Next one is scheduled for 2010.
  11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I presume by 2010, you mean this evening?

I've got the MIL coming round, and that means I'm feeling rather poorly and may have to retire to the comput . . . bedroom with a serious case of man-flu. The pig can stay downstairs. :twisted:
  12. There is no such thing as Man Flu - you are either ill or you are malingering. Or gay and want sympathy

Biped, whilst the MiL may make you feel ill, I believe the best course of action is to tell her you are going upstairs to use the PC, 'cos you can't be arrsed talking to her.
  13. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Are you mad? Got shell-shock 'ave weeeeeeee?
  14. Well, my MiL believes I hate her despite never having been anything but 'fairly' nice to her over the last 14 years I have known her.

She even tells my daughter "Your Daddy doesn't like me", which is almost true, this allows me to bugger off upstairs when she comes visiting.

Then again, all my in-Laws believe me to be an ignorant Jock (ex) squaddy fcukwit - except the FiL, who is ex Merchant Navy, and worth talking to.

Still, Man Flu is a myth, perpetuated by beings who "bleed for a week each month but don't/ won't die" :wink:
  15. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Truth be told, my MIL is alright. She doesn't pull her punches when things go t!ts up, but she's a good egg . . . . and she may be reading this. Hi MIL, yes, your daughter's doing fine. They say the bruises will be gone in a week.