Swine Flu - Anyone getting bored?

Its staring to really get on my t1ts. All this talk of Pig Flu and vaccines on the news with the number of people getting it doubling and the number of people dying from it increasing.

Has anybody actually got it or is it just a wah?

I think more people have died falling off pink stools wearing Santa outfits than this so called pandemic has killed. Typical media and political hype to scare people.

Ord_Sgt said:
I think more people have died falling off pink stools wearing Santa outfits than this so called pandemic has killed. Typical media and political hype to scare people.
So you agree that like when it snowed and they made out that The UK was going to be covered in 56 Trillion metric tonnes of ice like on the day after tomorrow the media idiots are just trying to make a story out of a new strand of flu which is no more deadly than t'other one.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
I've got my 2 and a half year old daughter to say 'Level 6 Pandemic' whenever we go out in public.

Feckin meedja panic mongering. Got lads here going "sick" with it. Feckin pain in the arrse. Funny how the lads that have gone sick are the ones that always seem to have something wrong with them. :roll:

If you're fed up with sensationalist headlines above Swine Fly, put you your hands up! Come on, everyone at once - like a Mexican wave.

Where i work is a distribution centre for Tamiflu, ENDLESS flow of people all day EVERY day queueing for a drug that a)doesn't cure flu and b) has some pretty evil side effects all of its own!!

Closet_Jibber said:
Its staring to really get on my t1ts. All this talk of Pig Flu and vaccines on the news with the number of people getting it doubling and the number of people dying from it increasing.

I've not got it. :)

...and I'm bored to death hearing about it. :x

vvaannmmaann said:
Swine Flu? Never heard of it.Has it been on the telly?
No I'm making it up also. Its actually called Petit Flu.

vvaannmmaann said:
If the meeja are to be believed, its the new AIDS or Ebola!!

bigbird67 said:
vvaannmmaann said:
If the meeja are to be believed, its the new AIDS or Ebola!!
Is it going to be like Outbreak the movie because I can hear a Herc and loads of TA lads have started pulling into our road wearing Noddy Suits.

swine flu ? pigs might fly........

Nurse! coat and morphene please

WW

Closet_Jibber said:

Yes, I've got it, just like ordinary flu but not so sneezy and snotty and it drags on a bit.

Boss has told me I have to spend 14 days away so I'm not complaining. :D

Ridiculously overhyped. I keep getting queries at work - the neighbour's dog coughed last night, should I stay off work. Get a grip you workshy morons.

ferox_provincia said:
Closet_Jibber said:

Yes, I've got it, just like ordinary flu but not so sneezy and snotty and it drags on a bit.

Boss has told me I have to spend 14 days away so I'm not complaining. :D
Is it confirmed flu though as my experience of flu is you are bedded down, can't move, consider swamping the bed for fear that movement will ache and you generally feel like you are having a near death experience.

As if it is and you are still posting on arrse then Swine Flu is actually the walt of the flu world.

think the daily mash covers it pretty well as usual

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/health/concern-grows-over-lack-of-panic-200907201915/

In the last week the government, the media and a range of experts have all thrown more resources at their swine flu panic inducement strategies, including a series of contradictory announcements, random, blood-curdling death tolls and a warning that Britain's fleet of ice cream vans will be needed to store all the dead bodies.

But despite their all-out efforts, millions of people across the country have decided to simply wash their hands twice a day and accept that if they do get swine flu the chances of them dying from it are so small as to be really quite tedious.

Nevertheless the department of health will today urge people to empty their freezers, stressing that is where they will have to store their grandmother until the army can collect her and throw her into a landfill.

ferox_provincia said:
Meh....that's just common or garden man-flu you big hermer!!

Toxicseagull said:
think the daily mash covers it pretty well as usual

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/health/concern-grows-over-lack-of-panic-200907201915/

In the last week the government, the media and a range of experts have all thrown more resources at their swine flu panic inducement strategies, including a series of contradictory announcements, random, blood-curdling death tolls and a warning that Britain's fleet of ice cream vans will be needed to store all the dead bodies.

But despite their all-out efforts, millions of people across the country have decided to simply wash their hands twice a day and accept that if they do get swine flu the chances of them dying from it are so small as to be really quite tedious.

Nevertheless the department of health will today urge people to empty their freezers, stressing that is where they will have to store their grandmother until the army can collect her and throw her into a landfill.
I specially liked this bit :D

She added: "That said, I will continue to avoid crowded places and wash my hands regularly because I have actually worked out that swine flu is an airborne viral infection and not some sort of ninja"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
phil245 Miscellaneous Jokes 0
rockape34 The Intelligence Cell 10
NigG Miscellaneous Jokes 1