Swimming Test

Discussion in 'Juniors' started by thecraftypenguin, Oct 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Son is a junior soldier at Winchester, he is a very strong swimmer and has failed his swimming test. Has been told he has till
    the end of training to pass. What happens if he cant pass it.
  2. If he can't pass he'll fail.
  3. He'll drown.....
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ok, thanks for the reply but does that mean he will get back squaded or kicked out.
  5. Probably.

Though how he failed the swimming test is beyond me. It's not hard.
  6. I think your son may have over egged his own swimming prowess. The swimming test is very, very, very ,very easy.
  7. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Taught my daughters to swim by throwing them in the oggin. That made them very good swimmers!
  8. Check with son and make sure he's not talking bollocks. A "very strong" swimmer wouldn't fail.
  9. Sure its a 'swimming' test that he's failed?
  10. walkyrie

walkyrie Old-Salt Book Reviewer

My swimming abilities were once likened to those of a "drowning caterpillar" - and I passed.
  11. A mate of mine who was a very strong swimmer (South African provincial level) failed at the same ATR.

As he blitzed in on the final length (and he was going some) the PT staff took great delight in failing him as he had 'touched the side' whilst executing his tumble turns... :)
  12. You fail if you can't swim...if you can't swim they won't test you afaik but you would have to learn, and quick.
  13. Perhaps he committed the ultimate sin, and automatic fail......folding his arms across his chest.
  14. wouldn't worry too much about it
  15. A strong swimmer shouldn't fail but 2 minutes treading water then 2 lengths wearing a boiler suit isn't easy. Dont worry though, if he doesn't drown he will be given loads of opportunity to take the test again and again and again until he passes.