Swimming Test

Son is a junior soldier at Winchester, he is a very strong swimmer and has failed his swimming test. Has been told he has till
the end of training to pass. What happens if he cant pass it.

Son is a junior soldier at Winchester, he is a very strong swimmer and has failed his swimming test. Has been told he has till
I think your son may have over egged his own swimming prowess. The swimming test is very, very, very ,very easy.

oldbaldy

LE
Taught my daughters to swim by throwing them in the oggin. That made them very good swimmers!

Check with son and make sure he's not talking bollocks. A "very strong" swimmer wouldn't fail.

Check with son and make sure he's not talking bollocks. A "very strong" swimmer wouldn't fail.
A mate of mine who was a very strong swimmer (South African provincial level) failed at the same ATR.

As he blitzed in on the final length (and he was going some) the PT staff took great delight in failing him as he had 'touched the side' whilst executing his tumble turns... :)

A strong swimmer shouldn't fail but 2 minutes treading water then 2 lengths wearing a boiler suit isn't easy. Dont worry though, if he doesn't drown he will be given loads of opportunity to take the test again and again and again until he passes.

all you have to do is pick a rubber brick up swim a few lenght and pull someone a few lenghts
thought that was part of the test for pool lifeguard..... not the mil swim test. presume your meds haven't kicked in yet?

As for the OP, establish why your son failed, as another poster said, he may well have touched the side at some point or failed on some other technicality. I would advise him to listen to Instructions very carefully during training, getting it right the first time, saves a lot of energy!