• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Swimming at catterick

#3
ga_is_ea said:
hi im off to catterick march next year and was just wondering how often you go swimming there?

That depends on what you are joining
 
#4
Unless things have changed drastically, you'll probably only do it the once (swimming test). Mind you if fail, you should get the chance for a re-take, so that'd be twice!
 
#6
ga_is_ea said:
im joning the infantry.... thanks for the info lads

ok guards and line do 3 swimming sessions , where as para does 8 sessions
 
#8
I used to go once a week at Sandes Soldiers Home.
It became even more enjoyable after they removed the water and it became Battle Group Trainer. Much fun and even more beer!





Quack
 
#9
Sandy_The_Guvnor said:
ga_is_ea said:
im joning the infantry.... thanks for the info lads

ok guards and line do 3 swimming sessions , where as para does 8 sessions
I stand corrected.

Any idea why it's changed Sandy?

Because too many recruits had problems swimming?

Or just because it's good exercise?
 
#11
Frank_The_Tank said:
Sandy_The_Guvnor said:
ga_is_ea said:
im joning the infantry.... thanks for the info lads
ok guards and line do 3 swimming sessions , where as para does 8 sessions
Sandy, What sort of standard is required for swimming in the Para Reg?

Well recruits still pass out even if they can't swim
 
#12
Sandy_The_Guvnor said:
Well recruits still pass out even if they can't swim
I'll just concentrate on not drowning then :lol:, might be a challenge! I am taking swimming lessons just now, is there somewhere near Helles where I could continue these on the weekends I'm not training?
 
#13
Yes the Garrison pool, i always tell joes that cant swim or are weak swimmers to go down the pool at the weekends and get some free tuition from the pool staff
 
#14
Sandy_The_Guvnor said:
Yes the Garrison pool, i always tell joes that cant swim or are weak swimmers to go down the pool at the weekends and get some free tuition from the pool staff
Cool, I must admit that was my one main concern. Just need to overcome the Recruiters 'they're just like other inf bn, we're all elite' attitude!
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#16
Frank_The_Tank said:
Sandy_The_Guvnor said:
ga_is_ea said:
im joning the infantry.... thanks for the info lads
ok guards and line do 3 swimming sessions , where as para does 8 sessions
Sandy, What sort of standard is required for swimming in the Para Reg?
Get in one end and get out of the other. Alive preferably.
 
#17
Some of these swimming sessions come as a shock to joe, as many are under the impression that you cant sweat in a swimming pool :wink:
 
#19
Just the way the programme has been written most of the swimming is in the 1st 6 weeks
 

Similar threads

Top