• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

SWIFTCOVER.COM CAR INSURANCE

#1
For the past 2 years i have been based in germany, with german car insurance, and im now posted in the uk, so i now have 2 get UK insurance so before i left germany i went and got my proof of no claims, so i was looking for insurance in the uk and put down i had 2 years no claims, swift cover was the cheapest by miles so i put my proof in the post and sent it off 2 them, look in the post this morning and have a very nice letter they cant except my no claims from germany, so since ive no uk no claims and im only 20 im going 2 get absolutley fuckin ripped off, so does any one kno of any companies which will take a NCD from Germany ?? thankx in advance
 
#3
What do you drive?
There are some specialist policies out there for things like Land Rovers that neither accrue or require no claims.
If you hunt around there is generally and alternative to the main stream rip off merchants
 
#5
First question is how did you have German insurance on a BFG car?

Apart from that try Norwich Union.

Or try any one of the big multinational insurance firms instead of some corner shop no name bunch of chancers. :)
 
#7
sittingstress said:
First answer is: Because you have to! Versicherung offices are all over the place.

I am happy to be corrected though.
Must have changed the rules since I last played then.

Used to be only a couple of insurance agencies recognised for BFG.

I hope they have changed the rules as it was never as cheap as it could be if you were allowed to shop around.
 
#9
Steven said:
sittingstress said:
First answer is: Because you have to! Versicherung offices are all over the place.

I am happy to be corrected though.
Must have changed the rules since I last played then.

Used to be only a couple of insurance agencies recognised for BFG.

I hope they have changed the rules as it was never as cheap as it could be if you were allowed to shop around.
I never heard that and I was there during the 80s and 90s, we were allowed to use any insurance firm we liked. It looks like someone was pishing you about.

As has been said, try one of the bigger firms, they whould be no problem. Allianz have been ok to me in the past, recognising driving a company car for NCD.
 
#10
Ord_Sgt said:
Steven said:
sittingstress said:
First answer is: Because you have to! Versicherung offices are all over the place.

I am happy to be corrected though.
Must have changed the rules since I last played then.

Used to be only a couple of insurance agencies recognised for BFG.

I hope they have changed the rules as it was never as cheap as it could be if you were allowed to shop around.
I never heard that and I was there during the 80s and 90s, we were allowed to use any insurance firm we liked. It looks like someone was pishing you about.

As has been said, try one of the bigger firms, they whould be no problem. Allianz have been ok to me in the past, recognising driving a company car for NCD.
That is because I was talking bollards :) Well sort of. It was (and still is I think) that only a selected handful of UK insurance companies were valid for BFG.

I blame the port fumes :)
 
#11
Bolton_Sig said:
For the past 2 years i have been based in germany, with german car insurance, and im now posted in the uk, so i now have 2 get UK insurance so before i left germany i went and got my proof of no claims, so i was looking for insurance in the uk and put down i had 2 years no claims, swift cover was the cheapest by miles so i put my proof in the post and sent it off 2 them, look in the post this morning and have a very nice letter they cant except my no claims from germany, so since ive no uk no claims and im only 20 im going 2 get absolutley * ripped off, so does any one kno of any companies which will take a NCD from Germany ?? thankx in advance
AXA will accept I think.
 
#12
Ord_Sgt said:
Steven said:
sittingstress said:
First answer is: Because you have to! Versicherung offices are all over the place.

I am happy to be corrected though.
Must have changed the rules since I last played then.

Used to be only a couple of insurance agencies recognised for BFG.

I hope they have changed the rules as it was never as cheap as it could be if you were allowed to shop around.
I never heard that and I was there during the 80s and 90s, we were allowed to use any insurance firm we liked. It looks like someone was pishing you about.

As has been said, try one of the bigger firms, they whould be no problem. Allianz have been ok to me in the past, recognising driving a company car for NCD.
I am afraid fella the previous poster was correct, you were legally only permitted to obtain insurance from a handful of insurers, who were listed in BFG SO's, I do believe however that the shackles have been released.
 
#13
You could try contacting our advisors as we accept the proof of no claims from your German insurance company as long as it is provided on the company letterhead and written in full English. Alternatively an insurer on our panel of over 20 UK high street insurers will base cover on the years of driving experience you have accumulated.

If you had insured your car with Forces Financial whilst you were in BFG with one quick call we would have been able to transfer the cover for you to your new UK address – maybe another time …

Freephone UK & Germany
00800 11 22 33 01
Rest of the world
+44 1782 793 470


Forces Financial is a trading name of Stuart Harvey Insurance Brokers Limited who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registration number 301858. Registered Office: Globe House, 24 Turret Lane, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4 1DL. Forces Financial is an agent for Abbey National plc.
 
#15
Back in 2003 FF quoted me £2300 TPFF to insure a 1.3 Golf mk 2 when I was 24 with 2 years NCD.

The car had only cost me €500 FFS.

I ended up with boxhead insurance for €700.

Useless cunts. :roll:
 
#16
Tiddle said:
Double post! :oops:
Sorry FF (Especially as you sponsor ARRSE), I have had similar quotes/experience from NAFFI/FF. I don't think I would be out of order in saying that your quotes are not competetive and we often felt that we were being ripped off.
 
#17
nottyash said:
Tiddle said:
Double post! :oops:
Sorry FF (Especially as you sponsor ARRSE), I have had similar quotes/experience from NAFFI/FF. I don't think I would be out of order in saying that your quotes are not competetive and we often felt that we were being ripped off.
I totally agree - a fucking disgracefull rip off.

Bolton_sig, try Admiral as they accepted my photocopied Cypriot NCD :D
 
#18
nottyash said:
Tiddle said:
Double post! :oops:
Sorry FF (Especially as you sponsor ARRSE), I have had similar quotes/experience from NAFFI/FF. I don't think I would be out of order in saying that your quotes are not competetive and we often felt that we were being ripped off.
Silence...................
 
#19
This is particularly disappointing when the Chief Executive of the said company - 'Swiftcover.com' is a former (1*/OF5) officer of HM Forces (AB we know who you are, what's this all about!)
 
#20
Unless the cover and policy wording is exactly the same, it's almost impossible to properly compare insurance quotes. There are many factors that can affect prices, not least excesses. Note that many comparison websites don't provide an accurate quote - they make certain assumptions, and the insurer may well offer a different price.

I've always had reasonable quotes from FF, whilst the AA and Direct Line, amongst others, have always quoted absurd prices for me. Everyone's experience will be different.
 

Latest Threads