Sweet barn find

Found these proper knackered overalls in an old timber framed barn that was on land sold for housing, the next day they bulldozed the farm house and the barn, I thought its worth a drink maybe a tenner ? Just sold them to a collector for £79.77p.

The sweet smell of barn finds.
Smells like victory.

Found these proper knackered overalls in an old timber framed barn that was on land sold for housing, the next day they bulldozed the farm house and the barn, I thought its worth a drink maybe a tenner ? Just sold them to a collector for £79.77p.

Smells like victory.
Some collectors telling his mates that he's just bought £1000 'worth' of original ARP overalls for £80

Smells like piss

Some collectors telling his mates that he's just bought £1000 'worth' of original ARP overalls for £80
"Wait - did you say red ARP badge? As in the 'limited edition WinstonChurchill ARP overalls' that could go for 3-4 hundred K? Sweet find, man."

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Just imagine their value had they been the extremely rare SAS Para SS model.

You should see some of the stuff that charlatans peddle in eBay - and mugs buy.

Original issue ww1 trench clubs. They must be real as someone has put a arrow and 1916 on. Sold for over £500.

The same with the tank crews protective chain mail masks. There cannot have been many if those ever made but a new one is on eBay every week. There was a spectacularly snit one the other week which was clearly made in some twats shed but that sold for hundreds as well.

I don't know what fucks me off more. The scumbags ripping people off or the idiots buying it.

You should see some of the stuff that charlatans peddle in eBay - and mugs buy.
Original issue ww1 trench clubs. They must be real as someone has put a arrow and 1916 on. Sold for over £500.

The same with the tank crews protective chain mail masks. There cannot have been many if those ever made but a new one is on eBay every week. There was a spectacularly snit one the other week which was clearly made in some twats shed but that sold for hundreds as well.

I don't know what fucks me off more. The scumbags ripping people off or the idiots buying it.

My bold very true. several years ago my youngest son sold the stub of the 1986 soccer world cup final ticket that was held in Mexico City between Germany & Argentina. I had given it to him as a souvenir, having given the programme to his older brother having had the good fortune to have been on a business jolly there.
He got £84 from a German collector. FFS if I had known they were going to be so valuable I would have collected all the other discarded programmes & ticket stubs I could carry :-(
My eldest son was really pissed off as he had slung the programme away realising he could probably have got a couple of £hundred for it.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm presently knocking up an ashtray of an 18pdr shell case with a similarly dated hapenny over the centre boss. It was for my own use originally, but having read this thread I think I'll work up some historical back story to go with it then slam it onto flea bay: "first shot fired on the Battle of bollockydoodaah by Gnr Elswick of 97th Regt RA (kings own deserters)" or some such...

Hmmm, I'm considering selling my lucky rabbit's foot.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Just sold them to a collector for £79.77p.
Tsk. Gifted amateur. Smear smooth peanut butter all over the inside back of the trousers. Spray WD40 around the crotch. Leave to dry for a few days then stick a red hot poker through the top L/H pocket. Distress convincingly. £1,500 all day long.

I've got a gen WW1 Goretex.

A 30 rd mag for a 5.56 SMLE.

And a tin of mixed fruit pudding signed by Hitler.
Bugger. I was after them.

ISTR that CAG flying coveralls and ARP boiler suits were exactly the same thing - just badged differently. My granddad was ARP and I've got a piccie of him wearing a belted coverall that looks just like that thing on eBay.

Latest Threads