Sweep up of issues - day 1

Done:

Home added again to header menu
Search results page / last 100 header compressed to reduce white space
Gallery front page album allows uploads
Quotes borders changed from green to dark grey
Temporary fix to login / logout layout issues

To do (and probably would have been done if I hadn't spent the day answering the same questions again and again! - whinge moan):

- add permanent message counter to at least forums and front page, maybe the header throughout the site.
- run a poll in a week to see if anyone cares about the avatar side change.
- Reduce the width of the avatar column, regardless of which side of the forums it sits
- run a poll in a week to see if the front page insults should stay or go
- add a "what are these" info box by the side of the social bookmarking tags in the footer.
- fix 'user information block' - currently unusable as cause layout issues

There may be more, but for today - enough!

Good CO said:
Why? Not like you've been busy or anything..... :wink:

Only joking boss, sites looking great. :D

wg100

War Hero
Quick question about the times displayed in the forums.
It is reading GMT+2, although the setting in my user CP is for GMT+1.
A bit confused about this...

wg100 said:
Quick question about the times displayed in the forums.
It is reading GMT+2, although the setting in my user CP is for GMT+1.
A bit confused about this...
Covered somewhere in the other thread - I tried changing it back, but it then gave the "you are not allowed to post..." error whenever you try to post. I will have to do it in the silent hours and there will be an hour without posting.

wg100

War Hero
Has anyone pointed out a little issue with the images section of the site? The filmstrip below the images is wider than the page. Looks a bit odd.

Attachments

Boss

Think it looks great but could you add a few more characters to the front page Recent Poster name, please? I am appearing as "in_the cheap" rather than my more graceful title :D

Mongo

LE
Kit Reviewer
It looks good, and its nice to be able to see PM's from wherever.

You should add colour to the ARRSE mascot on the header, in my opinion!

gco, jobs a good un boss, like the new lay out and the comments next to your name when you log in are rather amusing.

the only problem that i have had is when i go to a thread it jumps to the last page of the thread, or if it is only a single page thread it goes to the bottom of the page.

apart from that happy days

Good CO said:
Done:

Home added again to header menu
Search results page / last 100 header compressed to reduce white space
Gallery front page album allows uploads
Quotes borders changed from green to dark grey
Temporary fix to login / logout layout issues

To do (and probably would have been done if I hadn't spent the day answering the same questions again and again! - whinge moan):

- add permanent message counter to at least forums and front page, maybe the header throughout the site.
- run a poll in a week to see if anyone cares about the avatar side change.
- Reduce the width of the avatar column, regardless of which side of the forums it sits
- run a poll in a week to see if the front page insults should stay or go
- add a "what are these" info box by the side of the social bookmarking tags in the footer.
- fix 'user information block' - currently unusable as cause layout issues

Any particular reason for this, GCO?

GCO this is not a wah honest, but what do the terms between the user name and the medals mean? I know some refers to donations but can't work out the other bits.

on the medal front then, why have i noticed recently, take trsl that posted above me, he has le,mia, now i understand the mia bit as he has contributed beer tokens but he only has 96 posts and and been a member a little over a month. howdoes this work???

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
You get
for donating anything over a quid. Is marked as LE.

u_didnt_c_me_i_wasnt_ther said:
on the medal front then, why have i noticed recently, take trsl that posted above me, he has le,mia, now i understand the mia bit as he has contributed beer tokens but he only has 96 posts and and been a member a little over a month. howdoes this work???
Anti WAH on.

Because he has 5 medals and not three :?

Donate tightarrse and you will get the same!

No seniourity here :wink:

Anti WAH off.