Swedish Professor arranges mercenaries to free student from ISIS held Iraq

philc

LE
Not seen this in UK press yet so here goes. Seems a student was going to miss his thesis deadline as he was hold up with family in an area controlled by ISIS. The professor contacted the universities head of security and he arranged for a team of mercenaries to rescue the student.

Several thoughts, just who did the head of security call, the A Team and who is playing the professor in the Hollywood version, I am going for Meryl Streep with Matt Damon as the steely leader of the mercenaries with Art Malik as the leader of the ISIS group.

Lund professor freed student from Islamic State war zone

A chemistry professor at Lund University dispatched a team of mercenaries into an Islamic State (also known as IS, Isis or Daesh) war zone to free one of her doctoral students and his family.

Not seen this in UK press yet so here goes. Seems a student was going to miss his thesis deadline as he was hold up with family in an area controlled by ISIS. The professor contacted the universities head of security and he arranged for a team of mercenaries to rescue the student.

Several thoughts, just who did the head of security call, the A Team and who is playing the professor in the Hollywood version, I am going for Meryl Streep with Matt Damon as the steely leader of the mercenaries with Art Malik as the leader of the ISIS group.

Lund professor freed student from Islamic State war zone

A chemistry professor at Lund University dispatched a team of mercenaries into an Islamic State (also known as IS, Isis or Daesh) war zone to free one of her doctoral students and his family.
Christ on a raft! Where had they hired the Head of Security from? Did he just appear at the door one day smelling faintly of the LA Underground and offer his services?!

Christ on a raft! Where had they hired the Head of Security from? Did he just appear at the door one day smelling faintly of the LA Underground and offer his services?!
He's the sort of person who loves it when a plan comes together

He's the sort of person who loves it when a plan comes together
And perhaps has several handy friends who, though flying might be a challenge, can usually achieve anything with a minimum of bodies littering the place.

philc

LE
Knowing the way Sweden has been over run by middle eastern fighting aged males he most likely popped in to a class and asked if anyone knew a few likely lads who were in the area and fancied earning a few bob.

this sounds suspiciously like an overly worked excuse* which got out of hand

* in order to gain a deadline extension

Wow that really is a film that writes itself, next years War Dogs maybe?

Ritch

LE
Can you imagine trying the old excuse "the dog ate it"?

The professor would whip out a Bowie knife and disembowel the poor creature just to get it back.

Hmmm.
Don't piss off female Viking proffessors or they'll properly get lairy with you.
Is the head of security ex Viking "Them".

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
The head of security at Lund is certainly one of the boys. He's got some background and relevant experience and I'm sure his contacts list has the appropriate numbers on it.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm certain sure I mind some rich IT-company Septic, who I believe also ran for president, arranging something similar to get some of his employees out of Iran. Can anyone fill in the blanks?

MsG

I'm sure we could recruit a team of multilingual parachutist free Oirish armed with Dragunovs and Desert Eagles to sort this out.

I'm sure we could recruit a team of multilingual parachutist free Oirish armed with Dragunovs and Desert Eagles to sort this out.
Just send The Snail. Job jobbed.

I'm certain sure I mind some rich IT-company Septic, who I believe also ran for president, arranging something similar to get some of his employees out of Iran. Can anyone fill in the blanks?

MsG
Shirley Temple?

this sounds suspiciously like an overly worked excuse* which got out of hand

* in order to gain a deadline extension
ISIS ate my homework

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Shirley Temple?
Twasn't her. She was too busy at the time teaching Fairbairn and Sykes how to fight with a knife.:smile::smile::smile:

I'm pretty sure his name was Ross or something like that.

MsG

philc

LE
Twasn't her. She was too busy at the time teaching Fairbairn and Sykes how to fight with a knife.:smile::smile::smile:

I'm pretty sure his name was Ross or something like that.

MsG
Whats Ross doing in Iraq, does Rachael know?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Army Reserve 29
robotnik Current Affairs, News and Analysis 18
Effendi Multinational HQ 80

Latest Threads