Swedish anti-Semites at work...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by KGB_resident, Apr 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/710209.html

2. Criticising the activities of the Iraeli Government isn't 'anti-semitic'. Only ultra-religious nutters (of all sorts) and other retards identify Israel with 'the jews' as such.
  3. Is this a topic for the NAAFI bar? I doubt it.
  4. Why not? Any event (except deaths of course) may be regarded from the humorous angle. There is a lot of causes to laugh there. How do you like this?

5. As a jew, I think that the term 'anti-semite' is thrown around far too recklessly by certain members of my faith. A limited amount of the criticism directed against the State of Israel (chiefly, it must be said, originating in the Arab world) can be termed as anti-jewish but the vast majority of criticism of the State of Israel is comment against the Government of the day's policies. The religious and ethnic make-up of that Government is of no importance. Shouting 'anti-semite' at every opportunity actually only serves to lessen the power of the term and may even help to ingrain existing anti-semitic attitudes.
  6. You are absolutely right. Couldn't agree more.
  7. The Swedes are long-time critics of the State of Israel, to such an extent that they permitted the PLO to establish its north European headquarters in the country. I would not however accuse the Swedes of anti-Semitism, as they are the most throughly non-religious people I have ever encountered, and are so detached from reality they it is unlikely that they actually know what anti-Semitism means.
  8. I can only imagine Sergey is being tongue in cheek calling this anti-Semitic. Is it a subtle side-swipe at the Israeli/US administration (I use the singular quite purposely) who, for example scream 'anti-Semitism' if the glossy paint finish on an armoured personnel carrier is dulled by Palestinian/peace activists' blood?
  9. Gallowglass!

But the Swedes are long-time critics not of the State of Israel but rather Israeli policy. As I'm aware they don't doubt in Isreal's legetimate right to exist. Though Israeli politicians argree with you.

The title of this thread is ironic. I thought that it is obvious because I initially placed this thread on NAAFI bar. But it appears that I am persona non grata on NAAFI bar. Even my funny story about drunken Russian paratrooper was replaced from that section to the Int.Cell.