Swear words....

Discussion in 'ARRSEpedia' started by armourer, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whats the official view on swear words on arrsepedia for instance is it f*ck or eff ewe cee kay ? or either ?

2. That's not swearing that's Dale's mating call for some lezzer action.

As for swear word in the ARRSEpedia; I'm all for it. For **** sake which soldier doesn't ******* swear. And when used correctly swearing can make for some ******* colorful conversation and delivers the point without any ******* ambiguity. So for **** sake put ******* swear words in the ******* ARRSEpedia

3. If its swearing, just for the sake of swearing, I'll delete it. If it is in context then its okay. On the other hand, if you're having a poke at someone, because you don't like them, or, are just being puerile, chances are I'll delete it.

We're all grown up here - supposedly - bit of common sense is all that's required really. Any doubts, let me, or Ghosty, or any of the other Wiki sys ops, proof read it first.

For a good example see the Wiki entry for the King of the Dullards - mooch.

Moochs ARRSEpedia entry

4. Thanks DD, where a swear word has been used and you haven't deleted it must you us an "*" to replace a letter or are you OK with the word spelt as it should be...provided it complies with the reasons given in your last post.

I'm not trying for a blanket OK on swearing, just wanted to know the score.

Thanks,
    Armourer

5. Speaking for myself, again, providing it is in context, I am fine with F uck spelt F UCK - no need for ****, phuq or FCUK.

Having said that, what we don't want is for the Wiki to turn into a depository for some of our more Tourette-tongued users rantings and drivellings.

6. And who the **** would that be DD? For **** sake are you insinuating that I have a ******* problem ******* expressing myself without using swear words? Holy shit you are a ******* cock sucker, just ******* come out and say you think I have a ******* problem expressing myself without using vulgerity instead of acting a ******* ****.

:D

7. Hehehehehehehehe - hick. :lol:

Thread now locked. If you have any doubts about suitable Wiki content please contact the Wiki Sys Ops or the CO's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.