Swear words....

Discussion in 'ARRSEpedia' started by armourer, Jun 11, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whats the official view on swear words on arrsepedia for instance is it f*ck or eff ewe cee kay ? or either ?

2. That's not swearing that's Dale's mating call for some lezzer action.

As for swear word in the ARRSEpedia; I'm all for it. For **** sake which soldier doesn't ******* swear. And when used correctly swearing can make for some ******* colorful conversation and delivers the point without any ******* ambiguity. So for **** sake put ******* swear words in the ******* ARRSEpedia

3. If its swearing, just for the sake of swearing, I'll delete it. If it is in context then its okay. On the other hand, if you're having a poke at someone, because you don't like them, or, are just being puerile, chances are I'll delete it.

We're all grown up here - supposedly - bit of common sense is all that's required really. Any doubts, let me, or Ghosty, or any of the other Wiki sys ops, proof read it first.

For a good example see the Wiki entry for the King of the Dullards - mooch.

Moochs ARRSEpedia entry

4. Thanks DD, where a swear word has been used and you haven't deleted it must you us an "*" to replace a letter or are you OK with the word spelt as it should be...provided it complies with the reasons given in your last post.

I'm not trying for a blanket OK on swearing, just wanted to know the score.

Thanks,
    Armourer

5. Speaking for myself, again, providing it is in context, I am fine with F uck spelt F UCK - no need for ****, phuq or FCUK.

Having said that, what we don't want is for the Wiki to turn into a depository for some of our more Tourette-tongued users rantings and drivellings.

6. And who the **** would that be DD? For **** sake are you insinuating that I have a ******* problem ******* expressing myself without using swear words? Holy shit you are a ******* cock sucker, just ******* come out and say you think I have a ******* problem expressing myself without using vulgerity instead of acting a ******* ****.

:D

7. Hehehehehehehehe - hick. :lol:

Thread now locked. If you have any doubts about suitable Wiki content please contact the Wiki Sys Ops or the CO's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.