Swastika decals

I'm still a long way from worrying about applying decals to my planes but I had a close look today at the decal sheets as I've scanned them so that I can produce any letters I wish to have. I see that the swastikas seem to be printed in 2 parts (for presumably obvious reasons).

I guess they are to be superimposed in order to recreate a whole swastika but does anyone know which goes on first or does it not matter? I can see getting these on will be a right bugger. Any tips from the pros?

swastika.png

Not a modeller, but would suggest do the "outer" first then the centre on top. It would seem logical that it would be easier to "correctly" place the largest transfer first, in regards to orientation and position, then simple stick the cross on top.
Not sure where they will go, but if close to something else sticking out etc, if you put the cross on first, then the outer may not fit.

What "obvious" reason is that? Are Airfix in danger of making 11 year old boys into Nazis by allowing them to put single piece swastikas on the tailplane of an ME110?

FFS.

I must be getting old, my 0-to-rant delta is now measured in picoseconds.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
What "obvious" reason is that? Are Airfix in danger of making 11 year old boys into Nazis by allowing them to put single piece swastikas on the tailplane of an ME110?

FFS.

Banned in Germany it's either do them like that or omit, or make a decal set for Germany

Bin them off & order a better set for peanuts. Plenty of dry transfer versions with about 50 versions in each pack. I very rarely use the decals that come with any kits these days.

Not a modeller, but would suggest do the "outer" first then the centre on top. It would seem logical that it would be easier to "correctly" place the largest transfer first, in regards to orientation and position, then simple stick the cross on top.
Not sure where they will go, but if close to something else sticking out etc, if you put the cross on first, then the outer may not fit.
Yes, the external arms help get the overall alignment correct. Make sure the outer decal is completely dry and secure before trying to affix the inner cross.

Why should Swastikas be banned in Germany? I know Hitler instigated alot of mass murder but if it was upto me I'd start with non-working good for nothing chavs, asylum seekers and illegal immigrants.

Had the right idea on at least SOME things!

I know Hitler instigated alot of mass murder[/B]
13,000,000 murdered in concentration camps, ( men, women, children, babies, and POW,s) In gas vans, shot, starved to death, worked to death in factories, steel mills, down mines, (and more died making the V1 & V2's, than they killed exploding on cities) marched to death, experimented on, and on and on, and you wonder why the German government bans all NAZI tokens, flags and decals, try driving your car in Germany with a swastika written in the dust on the boot, even giving the salute gets you fined, FFS man read your history books, or talk to some of the old and bold who survived. you ignorant man....( 57,000,000 dead in WW2)

Last edited:

FFS.

I fear this news may bring-on a heart-fart - Air Cadets are not allowed to use scalpels, or other craft knives, or open their own tins of Humbrol's finest, nor have access to tubes of adhesive for fear of becoming machete-wielding, solvent-abusing degenerates. The misuse of a centuries-old religious device is way, way down the list of considerations.