Swastika Armband Genuine ?

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Blackcat, Jan 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With all the fuss about harry it reminded me of something I picked up on a job a few years ago, I found in a box a swastika armband obviously red furry type material??, top and bottom edges black piping, white circle seperate piece of furry material very neatly and tightly stitched, as is the black swastika. To me looks genuine very neat job a few tiny moth holes.
    If it is genuine what is worth to your average third reich collector?
  2. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Send me some decent pictures of it and I'll let you know. Is it marked on the reverse, stamped or paper label? Where did it come from?
  3. Or post pics here.

From the description it sounds like an Allgemiene SS armband....which as with everything third reich are heavily faked.

Depending on condition and if authentic it should be worth around the £150-£200 mark. Perhaps more if it has it's paper RZM label.
  4. If it has a label that says ‘Made In Israel’ it’s probably a fake. :D
  5. Or 'By appointment to HRH...' :wink: :lol:
  6. General Melchett

Talking of which we spent the day making "armbands" with the offending symbol reversed, very smart with CS95, and we also prit sticked paper Arika Korps badges to a tan coloured safari jacket purchased from a charity shop just for the purpose.
  7. Here's two piccys of the armband, one of the arms of the swastika is slightly shorter than the rest.

8. Reverse.The dark red marks appear to some sort of stain or dye run.
  9. That's a fake, I'm sorry to say.
  10. Arrse, thought I might be able to get a few quid for it.
  11. You could still get a few quid for it on Ebay, if you sell it as comedy Prince Harry repro.
  12. Only eban have..er...banned the evil swas :roll:

chicken is right, it's a bad 'un.
  13. General Melchett

Yep, a pretty naff copy. Possibly a film prop though.
  14. How do you know it's a fake?

Curious of London.