swapping sides

Discussion in 'Officers' started by johnboy1990, Apr 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. currently serving, in the engineers i have been told to consider sandhurst by my troopy. Now im in a bit of a rut as i think i would enjoy it and be able to do it. However i dont want to miss out on the stuff that comes with being a sapper. nights out, being one of the lads. any advice would be good.
  2. Resist the Dark Side John Boy

3. Tits all covered in shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
  4. John - check your pms....
  5. Self 'better-ment' must be a no-brainer. Surely? Forget what your Troopy thinks - what do YOU think? Could you hack it? Are you up to it?

Getting pished with the gang is all very well and good when you're barely out of your teens, but that's just another of life's phases - believe me, even Ruperts go out on the ming! Think to yourself and indeed, ask yourself, 'Where do I want to be in 10 years time?' - It'll soon whiz by.

Final word - Think of Number One! (Oh, and good luck in case you grow a pair of balls and climb up the ladder).
  6. Take the opportunity, you’ll only kick yourself in a few years if you don’t.
  7. If you get the chancego for it; you can still have fun as a young officer, plus some of the best I worked with in my time were Sandhurst commissioned ex JNCOs's.