Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by The_Tara, Feb 5, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hate to say this but the RAF and I believe the Navy, have this wonderful policy whereby if you get a posting you do not particularly like, you can advertise it in their equivalent of Soldier Magazine. If someone else fancies your posting and has the right qualifications etc, then you can swap postings. How enlightened. I believe this would be a great retention tool, or at the very least, a morale booster. How many people have left because either they or spouse did not want the new posting? Have known small Posting Plots in our lot where 8 WO1s due for posting have got together and agreed which of the 8 postings available they preferred. Information (solution=less work?) fed into the Glasgow Triangle and guess what? Not one of the 8 got what they had asked for. Result? 8 Pissed of big badges. Just one isolated example.
  2. It's like you say, if a little time and effort was spent on postings rather than MCM Div plucking them from their arse (no relation to the web site) then a few more people would stay and possible the Army would not be so far into the recruiting pit.
  3. i would like a posting to the bahamas if you please. for this i am willing to swap a ford anglia, two teenagers, a rabbit and a 2 euro piece (the one where norway looks like a droopy C**k.
  4. I'd like the posting that frank has got. Any way where is he now signed of got out good chance.
    MCM DIV have a hard enough time trying to fill the short fall so they can't send you to the good postings they are saved for the resurvist and TA.
  5. FRANK must have been a PTI, coz he got to go all the places no other ****** has been.
  6. Medic63 please swap postings with me Im going to Canada for 7 months as 86C but would much rather spend my time in Aldershot NNNNOOOOOOTTTTTT !
  7. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

My missus is serving in a grown up service who can discuss things with their collegues and swap postins with ease. She was drafted to a shore base and some remf bit her hand off so she could stay on her
    HMS 1&^%$£7. Two happy matelots, instead of the usual two pi$%ed off 'Bill Oddies'. Top tip, join the Navy and be a grown up!
  8. ;DTell you what i am going to ask for a posting to MCM Div then i can post everyone where they want to go and make everyone happy. :p

Vote for chatbox!!!
  9. I love her already.......  ;D

Why can't we have more of this sort of open freedom of expression and general pleasantness.....

Because Earth+Bump=Army
  10. Anybody wanting to be grown up should not have joined the Army
  11. I dunno about all this.  MCM seem capable of some pretty dreadful cock ups and there are no shortage of stories but I have never had a problem.  Perhaps my Corps' MCM branch have it sorted.  As a young Troopie we never had any problems getting people the postings they wanted.  It often took some pleading, bartering and some pretty long phone calls but MCM were always very flexible.  It's no different in my current job.

God bless the Royal Corps I say...
  12. There was no drama involved if you had a draft/posting, which you were adverse to, it was very easy to change it if you found somebody to swap it with.

It has not always been like this, as your unit to avoid normally became your draft/ posting as if some one took a perverse pleasure in pissing you off.

13. Think i've got a posting i've asked for but that was moons ago and now things have changed. Still beggers can't be and all.
  14. I would have to agree with Dev.  My MCM Div always seem to pull out almost all the stops to accomodate me.  Unfortunately it is I who failed to fully research that dream posting and, in hindsight, would rather nail my bits and bobs to a burning building than go there again. :eek:
  15. I agree with Master, MCM DIV CAN pull out all the stop if they wish and to be fair, seem to be doing so more and more, but I have always held the belief that "its who you know and not what you know". If you have someone inside the school boys tie network that will fight your case, you will get what you want.