Swallows - what have they done for us?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by old_bloke, Jun 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just looking at the rafters of the roof outside and I see there is a nest built there for those flea ridden shite producing birds called the Swallow.

So what I want to know is "Where did they nest before mankind started throwing up houses for them to defecate all over?"

I mean the were / are only so many cliff faces out there. Surely these ungrateful feathered vermin must have had a population surge over the last few hundred years.

Yet the RSPB says they have taken a hammering. How the hell do the RSPB know what the population was back in 1200?

And don’t get me started on the bloody Magpies.
  2. I thought this was a thread about birds swallowing - suggest you be more precise in future as I currently have an erection and nothing to do with it.
  3. They eat 22000 tons of midges a second, so you have to love them. And eves were first mentioned in the bible which was written before the dinosaurs existed. And that's a fact.
  4. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

She rarely swallows for me :(
  5. Eat a shed load of bugs that would otherwise annoy me while out running.
  6. The idle bastards must have a union. I heard that one doth not a summer make and if that ain't a clear sign of featherbedding I don't know what is.
  7. She does for me though :)
  8. Swallows is good. Have you seen any spits out there?

10. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

What do you mean? An African or a European swallow?
  11. I'm not to far from Duxford, so yeah I see a fair old number.
  12. Forget about the nesting kind of swallows, and just Google "Joy Swallows".
    She is NSFW, but your troubles will soon be forgotten.

13. I did as you suggested. But all that came up was this picture. Not entirely sure that's who you mean...
  14. 1/10. You require remedial google search.. Go away and try harder.

SK :)