Swagger stick

Discussion in 'REME' started by Gun_Doc, Aug 22, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can a REME Sgt carry a stick/ cane on parade and what sort of stick should it be?
  2. Do what all the officers do when away from their main regiment: wear what the hell you want and claim that it is tradition.

I suggest that you turn up on parade with a ceremonial "Tool, Fine, Adjusting" (i.e. a f**k-off huge lump hammer). With a bit of polish it should look grand.

While you are at it, you can try and get the RLC Master Chef/Catering WO to wear white socks and mince about with a polished ladle or a fish slice.

Good luck.
  3. Read Corps Instructions - you'll find dress policy in there.

Re: sticks etc, speak to Corps ASM and he'll probably be able to help you out.

I have a nice 'Cav' stick in my office which I have no need for, PM me if you want it.
  4. I've got a lovely swagger stick; which has a twelve inch stabbing blade concealed inside. The day I found it, I mentally discounted all those "single white officer, armed only with a swagger stick and faced down forty thousand fuzzy-wuzzies" stories. As for as above but "only armed with a walking stick", it probably had a repeating .410 in it!
  5. Reminded me of a story.
    A couple of years ago an old fella round our way was accosted by a group of young thugs whilst going through one of those underground pedestrian tunnel thingys.

The young lads decided that this old doddery fellow with the walking stick was an easy target for a bit of demanding money with menaces until that is the old guy pulled out a 12" sword blade from the "walking stick" and ran on of the little b'stards right through. :)

Got nicked by the local plod and fined £200 and had his collection of walking sticks confiscated. :(
  6. ........ and given a mention in despatches surely??
  7. Surely the guy to ask would be the Corps RSM. Oops, silly me we don't have one!

I think a polished 12" adjustable would be a more appropriate drill tool.