Sven hassle dead

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Pararegtom, Oct 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Just reading through the news, and noticed the above obituary.his books were mandatory reading as a crow. I think I have several in the loft will have to dust them off and have a reread. RIP Sven.

Sven Hassel: News
  2. Cheers, Trig.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Any updates on the condition of Winston Churchill?
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Would that be Randolph's boy? Heard he was a bit of a flibbertygibbet!

What news of Mafeking?
  5. So as not to waste the thread:

Eric Hobsbawm's thrown a seven.
  6. Eric Hobsbawm was a communist fellow-traveller...many an A level history student gave up the will to live after being subjected to his view on the 19th century, class and what a nice bloke Stalin was.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. The Coffin Bearers will be, Porta, Barcelona, Tiny, Legionaire, The Old Man and Gregor.
    The Eulogy will be read by Private Schultz

That Nazi Bwasterd, Heide is being told to sell stolen Chickens outside the Church
    walls, he'd better watch out 'cos Tiny will be in a FOWL mood and will give him an
    almighty slap when they all leave for the Wake, which is to be held just outside Kursk.

All are invited except that treacherous cnut Kessler.

Farewell, Old Friend, I still owe you for the many nights spent laughing like a numpty
    in the back of a 439.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. RIP Sven! Your novels will keep me sane on Herrick...
  9. TheIronDuke

But how shall we protect our floral tributes? At 100 mtrs below the freezing Barents sea I am not sure that transparent plastic stuff provided by Interflora will be up to the job.

And I have some concerns regarding the hotel accommodation?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

I enjoyed reading Hobsbawm. A short article just now on Radio 4, with a longer jobbie at 9pm (I think). Hadn't realised he was born in Alexandria when it was part of the British protectorate.

Yes, 9pm:

BBC Radio 4 - Archive on 4, Hobsbawm: A Life in History
  11. Shut it, TID, for if not I shall out thee and thy family member, so all and
    sundry will recognise your images, from Loitokitok to Uedem and also on Arrse!

Warned, have you been.
  12. TheIronDuke

Have it you pointy eared waddling Welsh Jedi dwarf in a ******* dressing gown.

The only valid question regarding our glorious days in Alex is this. What the **** is so interesting on the bar top and why is the blonde not bent over it getting teamed?

Technically that is two questions.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

​His Age of Revolution was a required text when I did early modern European history. I'd take Hobsbawn for readability any day of the week over Robert Gildea.
  14. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

It is, but they are connected. You've clearly only ever seen the bowdlerised edition of the film. In the director's cut you will find that John Mills is about to reveal which side of the tanner is under his finger.
    • Like Like x 1