Sven hassle dead

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
Just reading through the news, and noticed the above obituary.his books were mandatory reading as a crow. I think I have several in the loft will have to dust them off and have a reread. RIP Sven.

Sven Hassel: News

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Any updates on the condition of Winston Churchill?

Eric Hobsbawm was a communist fellow-traveller...many an A level history student gave up the will to live after being subjected to his view on the 19th century, class and what a nice bloke Stalin was.

The Coffin Bearers will be, Porta, Barcelona, Tiny, Legionaire, The Old Man and Gregor.
The Eulogy will be read by Private Schultz

That Nazi Bwasterd, Heide is being told to sell stolen Chickens outside the Church
walls, he'd better watch out 'cos Tiny will be in a FOWL mood and will give him an
almighty slap when they all leave for the Wake, which is to be held just outside Kursk.

All are invited except that treacherous cnut Kessler.

Farewell, Old Friend, I still owe you for the many nights spent laughing like a numpty
in the back of a 439.

RIP Sven! Your novels will keep me sane on Herrick...

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
the Wake, which is to be held just outside Kursk.
But how shall we protect our floral tributes? At 100 mtrs below the freezing Barents sea I am not sure that transparent plastic stuff provided by Interflora will be up to the job.

And I have some concerns regarding the hotel accommodation?

Kursk_wreck.jpg

Eric Hobsbawm was a communist fellow-traveller...many an A level history student gave up the will to live after being subjected to his view on the 19th century, class and what a nice bloke Stalin was.
I enjoyed reading Hobsbawm. A short article just now on Radio 4, with a longer jobbie at 9pm (I think). Hadn't realised he was born in Alexandria when it was part of the British protectorate.

Yes, 9pm:

BBC Radio 4 - Archive on 4, Hobsbawm: A Life in History

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13980324

But how shall we protect our floral tributes? At 100 mtrs below the freezing Barents sea I am not sure that transparent plastic stuff provided by Interflora will be up to the job.

And I have some concerns regarding the hotel accommodation?

View attachment 92479
Shut it, TID, for if not I shall out thee and thy family member, so all and
sundry will recognise your images, from Loitokitok to Uedem and also on Arrse!

Warned, have you been.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Shut it, TID, for if not I shall out thee and thy family member, so all and
sundry will recognise your images, from Loitokitok to Uedem and also on Arrse!

Warned, have you been.
Have it you pointy eared waddling Welsh Jedi dwarf in a ******* dressing gown.

I enjoyed reading Hobsbawm. A short article just now on Radio 4, with a longer jobbie at 9pm (I think). Hadn't realised he was born in Alexandria when it was part of the British protectorate.

The only valid question regarding our glorious days in Alex is this. What the **** is so interesting on the bar top and why is the blonde not bent over it getting teamed?

Technically that is two questions.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
​His Age of Revolution was a required text when I did early modern European history. I'd take Hobsbawn for readability any day of the week over Robert Gildea.

The only valid question regarding our glorious days in Alex is this. What the **** is so interesting on the bar top and why is the blonde not bent over it getting teamed?

Technically that is two questions.
It is, but they are connected. You've clearly only ever seen the bowdlerised edition of the film. In the director's cut you will find that John Mills is about to reveal which side of the tanner is under his finger.

This would make him a sputnik in several iterations.

Have it you pointy eared waddling Welsh Jedi dwarf in a ******* dressing gown.
Geography not your forte?
Been on the foaming nut-brown meths today?

It's obvious what John Mills is doing, he's pointing out which is the lesser of the two
weevils.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
It's obvious what John Mills is doing, he's pointing out which is the lesser of the two
weevils.
Sorry doomed Jedi Knight. Darth does not do jokes.

​His Age of Revolution was a required text when I did early modern European history. I'd take Hobsbawn for readability any day of the week over Robert Gildea.
It is worth considering, whilst considering Hobsbawn and dare I say it, proper traitors like Burgess, McLean and Blunt, that as young men the alternative to communism was Adolf and global dictatorship. At the time they forged their ideas, Communism seemed like quite a nice idea. This does not make them right in light of history and Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot. It is just worth considering.

Sorry doomed Jedi Knight. Darth does not do jokes.

It is worth considering, whilst considering Hobsbawn and dare I say it, proper traitors like Burgess, McLean and Blunt, that as young men the alternative to communism was Adolf and global dictatorship. At the time they forged their ideas, Communism seemed like quite a nice idea. This does not make them right in light of history and Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot. It is just worth considering.
Which is why I'll be listening to R4 at 9pm. He grew up in Germany.