Suzuki Marauder 125cc

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Krieg-Hammer, May 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Anyone own one of these? I am thinking about getting one to learn on when I pass my CBT next month.
  2. No, no and no!!!

    Whilst it looks okay, bikes like this imo are a waste of money ie: a small bike that's trying to look big. Also the laid back cruiser style just doesn't go with the 125cc "hairdryer" engine.

    If you want to gain invaluable riding experience as you progress to passing your full bike licence, opt for either a 125cc scooter (£400 and that way you can save the money you would have spent on the Maurader for a bigger bike) or go for a off road style trail bike. Either way, you will be bored as hell and wanting a bigger, faster bike within 2 months. Guaranteed!!
  3. I agree total waste of your money i used a Yamaha TM125 it was the dogs gonads and i went everywhere on it and passed me direct access ! :D
  4. BuggerAll

    BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

    I had the Intruder 125. I got rear ended on it and the insurance company lent me a Marauder, very disappointing. The Intruder has a small engine but quite a big heart.

    they are a tad of a joke tbh, and make you look like one a bit.

    if your starting out get a 125cc trail fitted with moto tyres.

    like the Yammie DT125.


    later on when you get your full license, then go out and get the Trumpy or Harley sportster you desire,
    and then you can fit knobbly rubber to the 125cc so you can go out and learn to fall off it off-road before getting yourself a large enduro.
  6. Thanks for the advice. So my best bet is not spend more than £500 on a 125cc to see me right for when I do go for my test via the direct access route?
  7. correct.
    remember, if you own a bike you WILL fall off it (more than likely, and its mostly some other fecker who knocks you off).
    untill you get the experience in to stay on it and avoid the blind idiots, keep them cheap and cheerfull so it dont hurt the pocket too much when you do bounce.
  8. Thats what i said ! :D
  9. is it true you can ride a 50cc bike or scooter with a car license?
  10. BiscuitsAB

    BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

    If your an auld bugger! i've got it on my licence not sure about the youngsters .
  11. im not that old! 31, have to check my licence
  12. Check your licence lm 35 and could ride a 50cc with a pillion passenger and no l plates you might get sick of explaining it to the plod though. However you will still need to take a Cbt IIRC
  13. Get yourself a full license and get yourself a 250.
  14. There's no shame in having a little 'un......

    I had various bikes, up to 250 for 25 years, all I was really safe on, then on the second marriage, I got sensible, and gave them up.

    Last October, I was surfing this site, when an ad came up for those Chinese "Honda" knock- offs.

    Did a little surfing and ended up with the wife buying me a 125 scooter.... looks a little like a Vespa, automatic, 50mph, 100mpg, 4 stroke for my 59th birthday.

    Apparently the Chinese are building all Hondas up to 400, so mechanically, it seems pretty good, the panels seem a bit cheap, but for a grand.......

    I keep well off the A- roads, but all the fun is on the little B- roads around the county, out of the garage, fire her up, open face helmet, check, aviator shades, check, desert boots......

    "Picked her up on a Friday night, Sha La La Lee, Yeah"

    18 again 8) 8)
  15. I agree with all above. 125 "cruisers" are a waste of time and money. The 125 format best suits off-road style bikes and the riding position will also put you taller on the road giving you better visibility and hence safety margins. Plus it will be more fun to ride and you wont look like a sad, slightly desperate, Sons of Anarchy wannabee.

    If you want a cruiser wait until you can afford and have the licence for a real one.