Suunto Core replacement watch strap

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Speedy, Apr 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The strap on my Suunto Core has finally given way after several years of use/abuse and I need to look for a replacement.
    The thing is, I don't want to use the stock strap as I hate the rubber feel of it, and would much rather have somthing leather/cloth. Has anyone had to replace theirs and found anything beyond the direct replacements available online (and if I have to spend almost £18 on a watch strap I want it to be more than bloody rubber!), and if so where did you source it?

2. Mav

Mav Old-Salt

Not familiar with the watch... But any reason not to use a NATO/G10 strap?

Bunch of pics of a Core fitted to these straps here Core with a NATO strap?

3. Hmmm not sure about that. It does look as if it's tied to the wrist with a piece of string. I'd be happier with something actually fitted and in scale with the watch itself.

4. Mav

Mav Old-Salt

If you think £18 is a bit steep, not sure how you'll do better than this:

IMG_2909.jpg

5. What I meant (and should have said, with hindsight) was that £18 for a piece of rubber was expensive. I don't mind paying for a decent strap.

6. Not been here long have you? ;)

7. Wowsers! I gotta get me one of them. It's simply made for pubs!

8. Have you tried Trekkit in Hereford? I got a cloth version of the strap there - although to be honest it only lasted for a year. None on their website Suunto Outdoor Watches - Trekitt Mountain Sports Shop, but you might be able to give them a ring and see what they do for you...