SUSTAINER to retire

#1
According to a good source the Corps rag is to to be binned. No word on what the money saved will be put into.
 
#2
Are they going to bin 'The Review' as well?

That would save a small forest every year, and who actually reads it (except Saddam Hussein's moustache double and train spotter of some accord???)
 
#3
Oh no!!!! what will I read now, this is a catastrophe :D :D
 
#4
The Review is staying and possibly becoming a twice yearly thing.
 
#5
To be replaced no doubt, by an ATO only rag?
 
#7
Bottleosmoke said:
Bring back The Waggoner..........................
I thought it was The Waggoner - just called something else?
 
#9
apfsdsdu said:
Bubbles_Barker said:
To be replaced no doubt, by an ATO only rag?
Why?
Why? To make it just like most of the input to RLC threads on ARRSE!
 
#13
Obviously going against a strong tide here...but as I am out in the back of beyond and away from the Corps I actually quite liked to read Corps rag. I fully understand many people had issues with the style and content but for a Corps of our size I can't believe we could not have sorted out any problems...unless of course it is purely a financial decision...can anyone enlighten us?
 

untallguy

Old-Salt
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
#14
obesa_cantavit said:
Obviously going against a strong tide here...but as I am out in the back of beyond and away from the Corps I actually quite liked to read Corps rag. I fully understand many people had issues with the style and content but for a Corps of our size I can't believe we could not have sorted out any problems...unless of course it is purely a financial decision...can anyone enlighten us?
I'm with obesa on this one - it may not be the best Corps mag but it does let people keep up with what is going on, especially those of us serving away from it.
 
#15
untallguy said:
obesa_cantavit said:
Obviously going against a strong tide here...but as I am out in the back of beyond and away from the Corps I actually quite liked to read Corps rag. I fully understand many people had issues with the style and content but for a Corps of our size I can't believe we could not have sorted out any problems...unless of course it is purely a financial decision...can anyone enlighten us?
I'm with obesa on this one - it may not be the best Corps mag but it does let people keep up with what is going on, especially those of us serving away from it.
The editor is a craphat knobber though so if he is losing his job I am all for it!
 
#16
obesa_cantavit said:
Obviously going against a strong tide here...but as I am out in the back of beyond and away from the Corps I actually quite liked to read Corps rag. I fully understand many people had issues with the style and content but for a Corps of our size I can't believe we could not have sorted out any problems...unless of course it is purely a financial decision...can anyone enlighten us?
Have to agree with this one, I find it useful to see who is where, what previous units are doing and where people are going through the Postings Lists.
 
#17
bt80 said:
The editor is a craphat knobber though so if he is losing his job I am all for it!
As are most of us.
 
#19
General Melchett said:
bt80 said:
The editor is a craphat knobber though so if he is losing his job I am all for it!
As are most of us.
For Heaven's sake, Guys, it is the quality of the submissions which primarily affect in-house magazines such as the Sustainer - not the Editor! As these magazines do not have any reporters, the Editor can only print what is sent in by units!

If you want better quality and relevant articles and photographs in "your" magazine, get off your Arrses and write them!

/and breathe....

BTW, I thought that the title of the thread referred to "Sustainer" who writes so eloquently for the British Army Review; it would be a shame if he retired!

Litotes
 
#20
General Melchett said:
According to a good source the Corps rag is to to be binned. No word on what the money saved will be put into.
I do know that the MOD are conducting an Audit of all Corps and Regimental Magazines commencing in April.

I wonder if the original news has got somewhat scrambled along the way & this new story is now the outcome?
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dpm_mirkin RLC 83
Ford_Prefect RLC 32
thekey RLC 25

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top