Sussex Game fair this weekend

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by ugly, Jun 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Sussex Game and Country Fair | Countryman Fairs
    Parham Park at Storrington, a lovely location although most of the deer will be in hiding by the time it opens, we are doing hopefully a great discounted line on Mendota leads and collars. Lots to see and do if you have a dog and or a gun. come along and make me a brew, it's not as busy usually as the other faiirs so I'll have 5 mins for a pisstake before the lhb bollocks me!

2. Should be there so will look your stand up. Any idea about where in the area you will be?

I'll try not to appear that I am hiding my family from the biblical proportion downpours that are scheduled and we really want to buy something for the cat! you do stock thing for our feline friends don't you........... :)

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Oddly enough the gizmo is popular for cats. once you enter the site (wear wellies) if you go around the arena anticlockwise and carry along the first avenue away from the arena we are second on the left next to the CA stand and before the sussex spaniels. It was persisting down when we set up but at least our pitch WAS dry. I saw the tractors pulling traders cars onto the show ground, always a start to a mud plugging weekend!

4. Will make best endeavours to stop and have a chat. As an aside, my fathers day present this year is supposed to be a net making kit to allow me to get ready to take the smaller (and furry) members out for a days rabbit chasing. You don't know if there is anyone in your vicinity that may sell such accoutrements?
    Wifey has failed so far to obtain (has tried bless her). So if there is someone there that may have the appropriate bits and bobs It would be useful to know.

May well be in the market for one of your gizmos as our moggy has a like for furry balls! Will you also have any of the O'tom tick removers with you?

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Should have o toms and the net bloke is usually there

6. Bugger,bollocks and other obscene outbursts!I wanted to go to this with Riley my Sussex Spaniel!Damn,maybe next year.

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I'd love a Sussex! They are almost opposite us again this year.

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Well a hell of a wet start to the show so far, we have only taken half a poor days money and really hoping its better in the morning. The weather put off a lot but a fair few came as they imagined the crowds would be less. Nice to see those who did pop in and it is a sad fact that next year this show clashes with one in Ulster we want to attend.

This was the scene in our stand this morning, the weight of rain collected on the roof overnight pulled it down to about 5 foot of the floor and must have been about 250 litres. I couldnt lift it so cut a slash in the roof and patched it after bucketing out all the water.

Attached Files:

9. HHH

HHH LE

Is that the one in Shanes Castle, in Antrim?

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

off the top of my head possibly, there are two we would like to do!

11. Nice to meet you and your wife. A good call on the event itself, both wife and nipper came away having enjoyed themselves.
    I will be in touch about the stalking training.
    Hope it goes well for you tomorrow.

12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Nice to see you all too! Did you find the net bloke by the main arena? We did worse than ever today but it did pick up by mid afternoon. Got home and it hadn't rained at all! Bloody typical!

There were definetly some bargains to be had and we managed to get a half price rack up of leads and collars up.

13. Unfortunately the Net bloke was doing his show at the time we had worked round to his stall. Had to leave before talking to him.
    I am sure that there is some greater power in play that wants to stop me from taking the ferrets out to work:) There is always the power of the Internet or at least the CLA bash in July.
    On the plus side both wife and I signed up with NOBS so may well be getting out and about even more in season than the original shoot we beat for.

PS The gizmo was treated with initial disdain by the moggy. Until he thought we were not watching and promptly set about savaging it. I also forgot to say thanks for keeping the O'toms by for me. Those are now safely within my car/shooting first aid kit

14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

See you at the CLA