Suspicion: Israeli basil deliberately poisoned in UK

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3409306,00.html

Israeli officials suspect that "hostile elements" were behind the insertion of Salmonella bacteria to Israeli-grown basil, which was sold to Britain and from there marketed to other European countries.

Miriam Freund of the Plant Protection and Inspection Services department at the Agriculture Ministry said that while the results of tests conducted on the basil will only be received Wednesday, it seemed highly unlikely that the Salmonella originated in Israel.
Here in Moscow sometimes I buy Israeli grown fruits, potatos and so on. Their quality is very high.

KGB_resident said:
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3409306,00.html

Israeli officials suspect that "hostile elements" were behind the insertion of Salmonella bacteria to Israeli-grown basil, which was sold to Britain and from there marketed to other European countries.

Miriam Freund of the Plant Protection and Inspection Services department at the Agriculture Ministry said that while the results of tests conducted on the basil will only be received Wednesday, it seemed highly unlikely that the Salmonella originated in Israel.
Here in Moscow sometimes I buy Israeli grown fruits, potatos and so on. Their quality is very high.
That of course is before the KGB gets their hands on the stuff, though I tend not to buy goods produce in support of terrorism.

I understand there was a list recently for the most peaceful countires in the world...is there one for the most paranoid?

army-hopeful said:
Sergey, do you have a job or do you just find random news articles all day long? This is a bit crazy.
Ssssh! This is Sergei's job... :wink:

army-hopeful said:
Sergey, do you have a job or do you just find random news articles all day long? This is a bit crazy.
It is an interesting article and not only me think so.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
rickshaw-major said:
I thought Israeli Basil was the name of some guy in Golders Green :D
Nah...you're thinking of Shlomo Cilantro the well-known Tex-Mex restaurateur and gourmand from Finchley ...... those chopped liver burritos are to DIE for!

Lee Shaver

PS - Is it true Mark Urban had his Bar Mitvah at Cilantro's in 1986 ?

Arik said:
All part of the domination plan Sergei! Good timing as the world is fixes on the Bush/Putin face off.
Shalom Arik!

Btw, I'm promoting Israeli made electronic devices (used in industrial automation) and recently have supervised their installation on electric (110 KV) substation in Siberia.

This year I plan to visit Jerusalem. I hope that my Russian and poor English would be enough to communicate. Though I think that small Hebrew vocabulary would be usefull.

At least we know it was the Russians. They would have used polonium 210.