Suspects have returned to UK from Pakistan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by In-Limbo, Mar 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Pakistan's ISI has passed on the name of 20 suspects aged between 17 & 23 who have recently returned back to blighty.

4 of them are believed to have taken part in the conflict as enemy combatants.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/news/display.var.2497584.0.Suspects_have_returned_to_UK_from_Pakistan_claims_report.php

So what's the next move? Do they simply go and sign on and we forget all about it?

Owing to the fact that we spend "millions" simply monitoring some 400,000 Pakistani's:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article5971074.ece

Should a further example be set with this lot?

2. They'll probably sue the MOD for allowing the Army to shoot back at them.

3. I think the order of events is :

Arrested
    Released
    TV Interview
    Compensation
    Book & Film

4. We will do nothing, we will pretend it doesn't happen and it isn't an issue.
    Its a national embarrasment.

5. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

It's not a national embarrasment, I'm not embarrassed about it. It might be a national failure by not dealing with it though, they are probably laughing their c0cks off at us. :oops:

6. Ok slight mis-use of the word embarrasment, but what I meant was it is emabarrasing how the rest of the world must view us because of this.
    I suppose we ought to be used to embarrasment though, we keep letting Brown speak on television and trot off around the world making us all look like a right bunch of raving halfwits.

7. "I think the order of events is :

Arrested
    Released
    TV Interview
    Compensation
    Book & Film"

Be funny if it wasn't most likely.
    john
    Pay em off now.

8. msr

msr LE

I think you forgot 'Tortured' between 'Arrested' and 'Released'