Suspected Terror Attack, Streatham, 2/2/20.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Well then, you need to build your own version of Gitmo complete with Waterboarding, and listening to Barney and Metallica 24/7 and then state that their home countries are a better bit for them then life here.
Preferably in China, Thailand or Saudi Arabia.

As I am not pc it wouldn't bother me.
'Do you want to die or be given a dead terrorists kidneys?'
'Gimmee the kidneys'.
Do they have to be dead, take one of what you want while they are still in jail. That will extend the shelf life of the second.
Other organs come in pairs.

Rules, are meant to be ignored if they don't make any sense. I will have to google this Human Rights Act...it sounds like a laugh.

It is absolute crap, only introduced by Blair to provide a very lucrative earner for his wife who formed Matrix Chambers specially for "human rights" work at least a year before the act was passed.
According to a barrister friend it is badly written and not well regarded by most barristers!

Shame we've never had the enlightening experience of a labour government. Things could only get better. ;-)
1945–1951,1964-1970, 1974-1979.

For the first one, I was present at wreath-laying but don't think I was involved (too young)

tgo

Old-Salt
If I have UK and Swiss citizenship the UK can take away my UK citizenship and leave me Swiss.

If I have UK and Daddy was a Swiss citizen the UK claim they can take away my UK citizenship and leave me to apply to become Swiss.
Depends on the rules.

The ISIS bint was under the age of 21, so according to the rules of her second nationality country she was able to be a citizen of that fair land. Different countries have different interpretations, that one was just fortuitous for us on that occasion.

Steamboat

War Hero
It is absolute crap, only introduced by Blair to provide a very lucrative earner for his wife who formed Matrix Chambers specially for "human rights" work at least a year before the act was passed.
According to a barrister friend it is badly written and not well regarded by most barristers!
Well I think it is safe to say that Liberalism on a global scale has been a bit of a disaster for most of the Western World over the past 20 years, because it went from common sense reforms to just complete whackerdoodle in short order.

Awol

LE
Laws can be ignored if they are in the best interest of the nation as a whole. Trying them for Treason would be an option but you would have to create a Super Max type facility to house them for life. But these are the types of folks who are never going to be rehabbed to join society again. What to do with them is a bit of a pickle.
A lawfully elected government can do anything it wants, it just has to change the law to suit.

If it doesn't deport foreign terrorists, imprison British ones for life or make ginger people dance around a maypole naked every Sunday, it's because it doesn't want to, not because it can't.

If I have UK and Swiss citizenship the UK can take away my UK citizenship and leave me Swiss.

If I have UK and Daddy was a Swiss citizen the UK claim they can take away my UK citizenship and leave me to apply to become Swiss.
No. The Swiss would have to accept your claim for citizenship first, before the can kick you out.
That is my understanding of it.

Steamboat

War Hero
A lawfully elected government can do anything it wants, it just has to change the law to suit.

If it doesn't deport foreign terrorists, imprison British ones for life or make ginger people dance around a maypole naked every Sunday, it's because it doesn't want to, not because it can't.
Very true Awol. But priorities can change just like the tide when they have to. I do believe the early release for some of these folks has now been stopped dead in it's tracks and that is a start.

JCC

War Hero
No. The Swiss would have to accept your claim for citizenship first, before the can kick you out.
That is my understanding of it.
And I think that is what the various legal kerfuffles will be about and as long as Parliament doesn't decide to change the law again.

Laws can be ignored if they are in the best interest of the nation as a whole. Trying them for Treason would be an option but you would have to create a Super Max type facility to house them for life. But these are the types of folks who are never going to be rehabbed to join society again. What to do with them is a bit of a pickle.
I think pickling them may be frowned on somewhat, although not by me.
You could go full "Glasgow" and try deep-frying them.

Latest Threads