Suspected Terror Attack, Streatham, 2/2/20.

Several people stabbed. Suspect shot by Armed Police.
Breaking News.
BBC News - Streatham: Man shot by police after stabbings in London

Double post. Mods please remove.

soleil

Old-Salt
They tend to find themselves dealing with crimes in specific patches within the Met's area. I live not far from one of the main ones, so am used to seeing them mentioned.

Having said that, I may be wrong; I've only seen the initial details about what has happend in Streatham.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
I suspect that this will be handled by the Operation Trident team.
If the Met are calling it terror related this early it's likely to be case.

soleil

Old-Salt
Met are calling this terror related. I thought Trident was black on black gang crime?
Yes, that's right. I suppose that I'm used to reading about terrorist offences being closer to the centre of town, London Bridge being a good example.

I'd only just seen the first few mentions of the Streatham event when I wrote that, so it may well be that the scenario is a terrorist one after all.

They tend to find themselves dealing with crimes in specific patches within the Met's area. I live not far from one of the main ones, so am used to seeing them mentioned.

Having said that, I may be wrong; I've only seen the initial details about what has happend in Streatham.
This is not gang related. So no need for Trident to investigate. The suspect was wearing something that the Armed officers believed may have been a suicide vest.

It’s described as terror related it’s highly unlikely that Trident will have any involvement at all with it.

soleil

Old-Salt
This is not gang related. So no need for Trident to investigate. The suspect was wearing something that the Armed officers believed may have been a suicide vest.
Thanks, Ho2331, I hadn't seen that info.

What on earth is going on in London nowadays.

Ritch

LE
Any Narwhal tusks spotted in the area?

Streatham and southwards to Croydon used to be quite a gentile area, but gradually became infested with drug dealers and gang feuds. My sister was looking after an old feller who used to be my mum's neighbour near Streatham Station. He was eventually put into sheltered accomodation in Streatham Vale, which was fortified like a Belfast Army base. While she was getting him in there one night, I was sitting outside in the car watching a drug deal being done under a street light about 50 yards away. Not a nice, gentile place any more.

Confirmed by sky news that the attack is islamist related.

Streatham and southwards to Croydon used to be quite a gentile area, but gradually became infested with drug dealers and gang feuds. My sister was looking after an old feller who used to be my mum's neighbour near Streatham Station. He was eventually put into sheltered accomodation in Streatham Vale, which was fortified like a Belfast Army base. While she was getting him in there one night, I was sitting outside in the car watching a drug deal being done under a street light about 50 yards away. Not a nice, gentile place any more.
There are still plenty of nice parts in the Streatham area. Streatham Common is less than half a mile from where this attack took place. Also most of the houses in the side roads, off of the main drag, are all privately owned, rather than council houses.

Latest Threads