Suspected Drug Dealer in Tar & Feather Attack

#1
A man was subjected to a so-called 'tarring and feathering' attack in south Belfast on Sunday.
It is thought the attack was carried out by two men wearing balaclavas as a crowd including women and children looked on.

The victim was made to wear a placard reading 'I'm a drug dealing scum bag'.

Colin Halliday of the UPRG, the political wing of the UDA, speaking in the Belfast Telegraph, described the incident as "a community reaction".


news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/no...966493.stm

Justice or Vigilantees????
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#3
ukdaytona said:
A man was subjected to a so-called 'tarring and feathering' attack in south Belfast on Sunday.
It is thought the attack was carried out by two men wearing balaclavas as a crowd including women and children looked on.

The victim was made to wear a placard reading 'I'm a drug dealing scum bag'.

Colin Halliday of the UPRG, the political wing of the UDA, speaking in the Belfast Telegraph, described the incident as "a community reaction".


news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/no...966493.stm

Justice or Vigilantees????
Good drills. Personally, I don't know why they didn't shoot him. Shooting the fcukers might stop them givin guns to 15 year old kids so that they can shoot 11 year old kids. Just a thought.

Vigilantism it might be, technically, but the little fecker should be glad he's still able to walk. :roll:
 
#4
Justice!!!

Need more of this in Mainland Britain! Especially that turd who nicked my motor from outside my house. Police caught the cnut. He lived in the street behind my house. That's some community spirit!

I think a Tar'n'Feather combo would have suited (I'd have donated the required resources) and would maybe have stopped this career criminal in his downward spiral. But he got knifed (and died from his wounds) in a nightclub a few months later. I, understandably was chuffed and fortunately out of the country at the time.
 
#5
RFUK said:
I don't agree with vigilante action, but assuming this guy was a drug dealer, I think most people would have to agree with their actions on some level.

Here's the link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6966493.stm
RFUK, i agree with your statement.........It is apparent that the Law and its enforcement are failling the General law abiding Public in the UK......forcing communities to act in this way..........I would hope that all drug dealers should end up not just tarred & Featherd but set alight....... and put out with a shovel and pi$$ on the embers.
 
#7
cometcatcher said:
If only this sort of thing could be arranged by court order......

Really this is the problem. You can’t have vigilante action, no trial, no proof etc.

When you need is more realistic courts, with faster judgement, and harsh punishments.
 
#10
bumhole said:
cometcatcher said:
If only this sort of thing could be arranged by court order......

Really this is the problem. You can’t have vigilante action, no trial, no proof etc.

When you need is more realistic courts, with faster judgement, and harsh punishments.
Agreed, but the problem is - We don't have those things and from the track record of this "tough on crime" government, we won't have them any time soon.
 

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
#11
Had to smile at this

Frankie Gallagher of the UPRG, the political wing of the UDA, said the paramilitary grouping was not involved in the attack.

Mr Gallagher said that "local people had gone to the UDA to ask them to sort it out", but that it told them to go to the police.

Did he have a seventies suit on with a bow tie and a microphone
A funny thing happened on the way here ladies and gentleman............ :D
 
#12
sebcoe said:
maxi_77 said:
cometcatcher said:
If only this sort of thing could be arranged by court order......
More likely in this case arranged by the local paramilitary commander as a warning for trying to compete on his patch.
Maxi you have probably hit the mark..........Good friday agreement Fecking Joke
And when it comes to the drugs it seems to be mainly the little goody two shoes loyalists that are mainly to blaim
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#13
If he hadn't been tarred and feathered, and the fuzz had been called, what would have happened to him? Quick court date, slap on the wrist, and off dealing on the streets again.

The courts system in the UK completely fails to deter drug dealers. If the legal system worked, there wouldn't be gangs of hoodies roaming our streets shooting other kids over their 'patch', or beating headmasters, fathers and disabled people to death.

Personally, as far as the legal system and drug dealers go, I believe that this is a community issue, for communities to deal with - and tarring and feathering seems to be a pretty mild punishment, and probably quite effective too.
 
#14
The sign probably should have read 'I am a scum sucking drug dealer who uses the wrong wholesalers, and this is what happens'.

That's the message being sent.

I'm sure he'll be back out next week with approved supplier drugs for sale.
 
#15
As 'public spirited' as this all looks I think Maxi and Drummer Boy have hit the mark.
The UDA cannot be seen to condone the actions of the crowd for fear of the withdrawal of their £1.2m nor, however can they be seen by the locals as not being prepared to defend their patch.
What we need is more action like that of the police in Nottingham to remove the 'head' of the problem otherwise each area will end up with a Kray equivalent.
 
#16
Arrest em and if found guilty put 'em in the stocks.

Some knife weilding 14 year old scum bag looks less intimidateing covered in rotten fruit and veg shile tied up outside the town hall. You don't even have to feed them as they are surrounded by food, they'll eat ii in the end.
 
#17
Biped said:
ukdaytona said:
A man was subjected to a so-called 'tarring and feathering' attack in south Belfast on Sunday.
It is thought the attack was carried out by two men wearing balaclavas as a crowd including women and children looked on.

The victim was made to wear a placard reading 'I'm a drug dealing scum bag'.

Colin Halliday of the UPRG, the political wing of the UDA, speaking in the Belfast Telegraph, described the incident as "a community reaction".


news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/no...966493.stm

Justice or Vigilantees????
Good drills. Personally, I don't know why they didn't shoot him. Shooting the fcukers might stop them givin guns to 15 year old kids so that they can shoot 11 year old kids. Just a thought.

Vigilantism it might be, technically, but the little fecker should be glad he's still able to walk. :roll:
Well said that man. The cnut got all he deserves.
 
#18
Crucifiction first offense
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#20
walt_of_the_walts said:
Do they do bookings? Are they prepared to travel?

Do I look under 'tarring and feathering' or 'Paramilitary Groups' in the yellow pages?
No, you don't. Let your fingers do the walking and walk them over to the page on 'Social Justice'. It's in the same section as 'The Social Covenant' and 'Hug a Hoodie'
 

Top